The Closing Coordinator position works with clients, employees and vendors to finalize and execute successful loan closings within the commercial finance industry in a fast-paced, deal-driven environment. This position synchronizes the various parties, documents and processes required to produce a loan-ready-for-closing as scheduled and planned.
The ideal candidate will excel at juggling multiple hard deadlines and priorities where those variables will unexpectedly change. A successful Closing Coordinator enjoys synchronizing multiple people and processes and guiding those various moving parts to a successful conclusion in adherence with complex lending regulations.
This position is physically located at our Carmel, Indiana, headquarters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as subject-matter expert for all applicable loan policies and procedures, both internally and as required by the HUD MAP Guide.
- Organize and maintain accurate business deal files within internal systems.
- Request required due diligence items from clients and other third parties.
- Review legal documents for accuracy and collaborate with legal counsel to clear conditions required for closing.
- Review internal production reports and accounting statements for accuracy.
- Facilitate a high-quality flow of information with all internal and external stakeholders regarding progress and/or potential issues.
- Answer client questions throughout the closing process.
- Initiate the wire of funds to third parties as needed.
- Deliver required closed-loan information to internal staff as appropriate and address any post-closing issues as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Ability to use Word, Excel and Outlook at an intermediate level in a business setting required.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully both independently and in a team environment required.
- Proven ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and meet multiple competing deadlines required.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution required.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution desired.
- Previous work experience in a professional office environment required.
- Prior experience with commercial, mortgage and/or HUD lending and closing is a plus.
The Closing Coordinator position is a full-time, exempt position eligible for the annual discretionary bonus program.