Kidder Mathews, AMO® is the leading privately-held commercial real estate services firm on the West Coast and offers a full spectrum of property management, brokerage, and valuation advisory services to a diverse clientele that includes institutional and private investors, corporations, public agencies, and non-profit organizations. Kidder Mathews currently manages a commercial property portfolio of in excess of 47 million square feet, and facilitates more than $6 billion in commercial real estate transactions annually. The firm also provides development, building engineering, project and construction management, consulting, capital markets, and sustainability services from 20 offices throughout the West Coast.
With offices in Oregon, Washington, California, Arizona and Nevada, Kidder Mathews is a growing, dynamic and entrepreneurial firm and has been consistently recognized as a “best place to work” in multiple markets.
Kidder Mathews is seeking an experienced and qualified Senior Property Manager to be based in our regional office in downtown Portland, Oregon. Working with multiple clients with a focus on industrial assets, and under the direction of the Vice President, the Senior Property Manager will:
- Interface with and maintain courteous, professional and service oriented rapport with clients.
- Respond to and resolve tenant concerns.
- Meet with tenants as required, ensuring that tenant needs are met, and that high quality property management service is achieved.
- Foster positive rapport with tenants.
- Request/review/recommend bids for contracted services.
- Ensure that maintenance and repairs are performed on schedule and in accordance with an approved operating budget.
- Review and approve, within prescribed limits of authority, vendor and contractor invoices.
- Review and approve annual CAM reconciliations as prepared by property accountant.
- Lead budget team for assigned Portfolio.
- Proactively pursue opportunities to enhance the value of the assets in the assigned portfolio.
- Review monthly operating statements and prepare monthly owner operating report.
- Encourage and promote a cohesive and collaborative relationship with Listing Team.
- Work with Leasing Team to ensure that all vacant space is in “market ready” condition at all times.
- Review new leases and prepare lease abstract.
- Administer Property Management Agreement.
- Mentor, lead, train and supervise assigned Portfolio staff.
- Bachelor degree
- Valid Oregon real estate license
- Minimum of 7 years of hands on commercial property manager experience with demonstrated progressive increase in accountability
- Clean driving record
- Ability to pass drug test and background screen
- Professional industry designation preferred (CPM, RPA, CCIM)
The successful candidate will also possess the following characteristics:
- Ability to build and maintain positive, productive and collaborative relationships with both external and internal clients and stakeholders.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong financial analysis skills and budgeting skills.
- Courteous, professional, and respectful rapport with peers and subordinates.
- Superior customer service/people/team building skills.
- Ability to read, understand and abstract leases and contracts.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong, well developed computer literacy in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to draft quality, well organized letters, reports and memos.
- Superior time management skills.
- High degree of motivation.
- Professional and confident approach to work.
- Strong commitment to goals.
- Adaptable to change.
- Ability to exude calm and confidence in occasionally stressful situations.
- Ability to recognize and require high quality maintenance work.
- Entrepreneurial and business growth oriented outlook and approach.
This is a full time position, and Kidder Mathews offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including:
- Potential for additional incentive compensation
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Section 125 flexible spending program
- 401(k) plan
- Employee Assistance Program