We are currently seeking an Associate to support our Global Capital Markets-Real Estate Investment Banking team in New York City.
JLL’s Global Capital Markets-Real Estate Investment Banking team offers services in the areas of real estate, advisory, strategic transactions, corporate finance and capital markets solutions to major institutional real estate companies across North America and works collaboratively with overseas Regional teams to deliver truly global solutions. The team focuses on strategically-sensitive transactions through an enhanced client relationship effort and focus, demanding our utmost in delivering best in class support and execution services. Our primary goal is to gain our clients “share-of-mind” and to be recognized as a most-trusted advisor and advocate of their interests, thus, earning the opportunity to serve them in more transaction-related activities and be rewarded with their most important, strategic transactions. We strive to provide a national platform with global reach that will support the broader JLL capital markets platform to drive and assist in originating large, strategic transactions.
Members of the Real Estate Investment Banking team will participate in a wide array of transactions/assignments including but not limited to M&A, strategic advisory, private capital raising, credit and asset-backed securitizations, sale/leaseback arrangements, bond financing, corporate and municipal credit advisory services, asset/portfolio disposition, debt placement and recapitalization.
- Perform and oversee complex financial analyses and modeling with minimal supervision, including real estate cash flow projections, ARGUS valuation models, corporate cash flow projections, public and private corporate/entity-level valuations, transaction structuring analysis, corporate balance sheet and recapitalization analysis, corporate credit assessments, financial statement analysis, etc.
- Create and oversee creation of marketing/offering materials prepared for institutional investors
- Prepare insightful client presentations, analysis and deliverables that guide the decision making process and provide actionable strategic recommendations
- Create presentation and pitch materials for new business pursuits
- Gather and evaluate economic, demographic and real estate market data to perform market analysis
- Draft internal investment memoranda and presentations
- Conduct detailed analysis of legal, loan and financial documents to understand a company’s capital structure
- Liaise with financial and legal advisors in structuring transactions
- Read and review lease documents/sales comps and prepare abstract reports for clients and prospective clients
- Review and analyze client’s quantitative portfolio data, financing and partnership agreements, legal documents and other materials as part of project due diligence process
- Interact with clients and institutional investors in the context of transaction execution process and new business development
- Provide guidance, oversight and assist in training junior team members
- Expected to obtain Series 7, 63, and 79 securities licenses and New York Real Estate license during initial year of employment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or Real Estate with exceptional academic credentials
- 3-6 years of work experience in Finance or Real Estate industries required. Possible backgrounds include investment banking, middle-market banking, real estate investing, accounting/audit or consultancy experience.
- Valuation, financial analysis and market research experience required; previous ARGUS experience strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of real estate fundamentals
- Exceptional quantitative, analytical and modeling skills required
- Experience analyzing corporate credit concepts and financial statement analysis preferred
- Strong research, writing and communication skills
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information and translate into strategic deliverables
- Ability to create high quality, creative and thoughtful presentations for utilization with clients, throughout the marketing process and in new business origination
- Strong computer orientation and proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Argus, and Word software is required
- Ability to multi-task in a team-oriented environment and work successfully under pressure while effectively managing time and workload
- A desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional and client facing environment