Real Estate Private Equity Firm is seeking an Associate/Sr. Analyst to support the continued growth of its West LA office. The firm invests capital on behalf of institutional funds with a primary focus on opportunistic and value-add strategies.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated to add value at a growing, well-capitalized platform and gain a wide range of experience across multiple property types and investment strategies.
The Associate/Sr. Analyst will play an important role in supporting the evaluation and execution of acquisitions & developments alongside senior management. You will be involved in all aspects of the deal process including financial analysis, market research, due diligence, financing, business plan development, and closing.
- Build and maintain detailed financial models utilizing Excel and Argus for acquisition and development projects that incorporate various scenarios and sensitivity analyses
- Assist in negotiations with lenders and investors through the analysis of various capital structures and cash flow distribution waterfalls
- Perform in-depth research of markets, comps, and development sites
- Review offering memorandums, tour properties, and interface with brokers
- Prepare presentations and materials for the investment committee, investors, and lenders
- Manage due diligence, including the analysis and review of market data, financial statements, development budgets, 3rd party reports, and legal documentation
- Coordinate closings of transactions and correspondence between internal departments and external parties
- Support asset management activities, including repositioning strategies, refinancings, and dispositions
- Excellent undergraduate record; MBAs will only be considered with no more than 3 years of prior experience
- 1-4 years of work experience in either a transaction-oriented real estate role (private equity, acquisitions, development, structured finance, investment sales) or advanced financial role (investment banking, management consulting, Big 4 accounting)
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel (candidates will be tested)
- Experience with Argus is preferred, but not required
- Basic knowledge of real estate finance, valuation, and capital markets
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Must possess meticulous attention to detail and take pride in their work
- Self-motivated and proactive individual who is resourceful and can work well independently
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple workstreams
- Thoughtful presentation and communication skills with the ability to think like an investor and articulate assumptions, conclusions, and recommendations from their analysis
- Team player suited to work within an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture
Candidates must be located in Los Angeles or have ties to Southern California