Come join one of San Diego’s four S&P 500 companies, Realty Income Corporation, the Monthly Dividend Company. Realty Income attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If working in a professional environment that rewards employees based on meritocracy and values work-life balance resonates with you, please apply today.
Our current opening is for a Tax Specialist (Commercial Leasing)who will be responsible to maintain a database of properties and taxing authorities to secure the Company's assets in real property by accurately and timely monitoring payments and performing recovery (where applicable). The Tax Specialist will provide support to other Departments as needed on real estate tax matters.
Specifically, the Tax Specialist will have responsibility for:
- Maintain MRI/Yardi database of taxing authorities, tax parcels, business licenses and other various accounts as needed.
- Accurately and timely research new property acquisitions as to the responsible taxing authorities. Accurately input determinations into database(s) to include new taxing authorities, tax parcels, tax periods, payment due dates and amounts, and reconciliation dates.
- Review/abstract/confirm landlord and tenant obligations; accurately and timely input determinations into database(s).
- Maintain payment information as necessary (both in-house and confirmation of tenant direct payment).
- Accurately and timely manage taxes and related billings.
- Review all billings upon receipt and determine proper handling to include in-house payment or forward appropriately to tenant for direct handling.
- Request reimbursement from tenant as required to include accounting of current payments, pro-rata share, acknowledgement of funds received from selling party, vacancy periods and future lease expirations.
- Maintain accurate tenant ledger records; proper notification of changes to other department personnel.
- Verification of monitoring of tenant direct payments by third party.
- Clear and accurate in-house communication upon request.
- Timely completion of legal checklists; verification of tax amounts for property dispositions, provide tax escrow amounts for property releases.
- Timely completion of audited monthly administration checklists.
- Proper notification to proper authorities of change in ownership, mailing address as applicable.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from four-year college or university is preferred.
- 1-2 years work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to identify information to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate, multiple sources and use skillful questioning to abstract the information. Notices discrepancies and inconsistencies in available information.
- Carefully weighs the job responsibilities priorities. Can function effectively under pressure.
- Excellent attention-to-detail skills; ability to monitor own work and work of others for completeness and accuracy; ability to organize information and materials for others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and presentation abilities, including the ability to communicate complex ideas to large groups and management.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain positive, working relationships.
- Excellent PC skills including Outlook, Excel, Word, MRI and Internet.