Property Management Associate
Reports to: Principal and Senior Managers
Compensation: Competitive base and bonus; commensurate with experience
Location: NYC and surrounding areas
We are a boutique real estate investment, development, and management company located in midtown Manhattan. We focus on the acquisition, development, and repositioning of multifamily, retail, and office assets in New York City, New Jersey, and Westchester County. Our strategy involves identifying yield-driven and value-add opportunities, as well as hands-on property and asset management.
We are seeking a Property Management Associate. The position will oversee and manage a growing portfolio of properties. Position will work closely with the company’s senior manager(s).
The individual will be given broad responsibility to handle key activities as part of the property and asset management process including, but not limited to:
- Develop and implement asset management policies and procedures for properties under management
- Lead weekly Asset Management meetings with senior staff
- Assist upper management in identifying areas of growth, cost saving measures, and efficiencies
- Manage correspondence and communicate professionally with tenants, superintendents, contractors, and legal counsel
- Resolve tenant issues in a timely and respectful manner
- Responsible for rent collection, banking, and updating arrears reports
- Maintain and update both physical and electronic records
- Communicate with legal counsel and appear in court as necessary
- Perform routine building inspections with site supervisors and contractors
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting, business administration, finance, real estate or related field.
- 1-2 years of professional experience involving property management– knowledge of residential development a plus.
- Excellent quantitative, written, and oral communication skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with a heavy emphasis on proficiency in Excel.
- Experience with Yardi preferred.
- The candidate should be comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment, detail-oriented and organized, with ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Candidates with current driver’s license preferred.