Steaven Jones Development Company, Inc.
Commercial Property Manager
Steaven Jones Development Company, Inc., a well-established, small commercial property management and development company located in West Los Angeles, is looking for an experienced, “hands-on” Property Manager to join our team. This is a great opportunity, with room for future advancement for someone with strong interpersonal and communication skills who is extremely detail-oriented, organized and self-motivated. The Company has been operating for 50 years with office and retail spaces serving large, well-known and high-profile clients on the Westside.
The Property Manager position supports and assists in the management of commercial real estate. The Property Manager is involved in all aspects of day-to-day operations of the property, including accounting, tenant relations, maintenance and repair, security, janitorial services, landscaping, etc. The Property Manager handles tenant complaints and service requests, and must be familiar with the terms of tenant leases. The Property Manager assists in the preparation of the annual budget, reporting and financial performance of the property. The Property Manager reports to the Director of Property Management.
Skills, Knowledge and Personal Characteristics
The following attributes are desirable for job success: exceptional communication and organizational skills; detail oriented and accurate especially with numbers; customer service experience; ability to work under pressure; self- motivated and self-directed; ability to assert oneself; exemplary time management skills; ability to work with staff in solving problems and ability to take direction and function as part of a team.
- Provide excellent tenant service. Respond to tenant requests/problems in a timely and courteous manner, and generate work orders directed to vendors or maintenance staff. Follow-up with the tenant to ensure satisfactory resolution of the issue. Ensure that there is 24-hour emergency coverage for the property at all times.
- Conduct periodic inspections of the property and tenant spaces to ensure compliance with leases and the proper upkeep of the property.
- Ensure that property and lease files are properly maintained and kept up to date in accordance with company policy. Prepare and maintain appropriate tenant lease files, records, correspondence and file notes—paper (historically) and electronic (going forward).
- Assist with administering tenant occupancy including providing the new tenant with an introduction letter regarding emergency contacts, insurance requirements, rent collection procedures, and maintenance request procedures.
- Become proficient with Yardi Voyage property management software. Coordinate entry of all property information into the software program and establish reporting protocols for maintenance requests, preventative maintenance, vendor and tenant Certificates of Insurance and key lease date tracking. Monitor all key dates and reporting within the Yardi Voyager system.
- Work with the Directory of Property Management to establish the Property Management Plan, Preventative Maintenance Policies and Procedures and Property Operations Manual.
- Prepare memos, emails, maintain files, prepare expense reports and other administrative forms, copying, and arrange for courier service and overnight deliveries.
- Coordinate production and ordering of signs, tenant identification, etc.
- Assist in the production of annual reports to investors.
- Assist in preparation of transaction related documents.
- Maintain contact and other databases for company.
- Coordinate regular inventories of all business property.
- Coordinate tenant move-ins.
- Obtain estimates/bids for repairs at the property. Generate and track Service Orders, approvals and distribution.
- Sort, code and ensure accuracy and compliance with contracts of all property related invoices.
- Coordinate and schedule appointments, on-site & off-site meetings and conference calls.
- Collect and organize all property information in a format for quick reference.
- Verify in detail all invoice amounts and information with approved Service Orders or Contracts.
- Ensure proper property coding on invoices.
- Investigate cost reduction opportunities.
- Coordinate meter readings and assist in calculating utility bill-backs to tenants.
- Manage parking passes, and parking counts for all leases.
- Assist corporate accounting with questions related to the property and resolution of vendor issues.
- Supervise company handyman and parking attendants. Conduct annual reviews and oversee handyman and parking operations.
Scope of Responsibility and Authority
The Property Manager is charged with supporting management’s efforts in the day-to-day implementation of policies, procedures and programs that will assure well-managed, well maintained buildings, placing maximum emphasis on positive responses to the concerns and needs of the tenants, environmental health and safety, and quality programs in coordination and conjunction with the ownerships’ goals and objectives. In absence of Executive staff, the Property Manager must provide “in charge” responsibilities for the property. These responsibilities include being on-call 24 hours, managing and delegating maintenance staff and contractors.
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year College or University
- Strong working knowledge of Yardi Voyager 7.0, MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
- 5+ years of directly relevant Commercial Real Estate Property Management experience.
- Honesty and commitment to task accomplishment are necessary.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to creatively develop new processes, structure, resources and communication channels;
- Consistent, positive, can-do attitude -- able to do whatever it takes to get the job done exceptionally well.
- Effectively prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent people skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with peers, managers and clients.
- Dependable & flexible as well as possessing the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Proactive, initiate follow-through.