Pensam is an alternative investment and asset management firm focused on multifamily residential and commercial real estate ventures throughout the United States. Pensam provides investment opportunities to a variety of investors including institutions, sovereign wealth funds, family offices and high net worth individuals. Pensam currently has three divisions: Acquisitions, Funding (preferred equity and mezzanine lending) and Development. With approximately 40 employees and a $2.0 Billion + portfolio, Pensam is a fast-growing, dynamic and entrepreneurial company that seeks to identify and capitalize on real estate trends and opportunities nationally.
Experience and Requirements
- 4+ years of financial reporting, accounting, tax or auditing experience
- CPA and/or private equity accounting experience strongly preferred
- Excellent understanding of partnership accounting and waterfall allocation structures
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong writing and communication skills
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
Composition of Responsibilities
- Financial Accounting, Partnership Accounting and Reporting (25%)
- Liaise with off-site property management team to ensure accuracy of financial reporting (25%)
- Build and maintain financial reporting projections and models (25%)
- Lead and manage year-round audit and tax preparation processes (25%)
- Assist in maintaining financial reports produced for both direct equity, debt, and other investments in real estate
- Maintain Excel based financial projections while integrating and updating model for new needs as necessary
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual financial and written reports summarizing property and investment performance during reporting period and over time
- Consolidate investment performance across multiple types of investments joint venture pools and other structures
- Review financial statements investments assets to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Work with third party CPA firms to complete annual audit and tax compliance for underlying investment assets
The Portfolio Finance Manager will report to the Director of Operations and work closely with asset management personnel.
Organized, motivated, analytical, well-rounded team player that thrives in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. Detail oriented with a broad view analytical approach. Must be a creative problem-solver with a demonstrated ability to adapt to clients and learn quickly.