The Acquisitions-Development Officer will source development opportunities in the New York market. The Acquisitions-Development Officer will be responsible for sourcing, analyzing and performing due diligence on identified projects with the support of the company’s analytics team. It will be the Acquisitions-Development Officer’s responsibility to provide the investment committee all necessary information to make acquisitions decisions. Excellent communication, creative thinking and problem-solving skills are vital to the successful execution of this position.
- Meet with New York brokers, principals and other market participants to facilitate introductions to key industry contacts and the identification of deal flow.
- Manage and expand New York Acquisitions database and ongoing daily relationship management.
- Source and perform preliminary evaluations on acquisition opportunities, with the ability to underwrite and perform more detailed evaluations as required to determine feasibility and fit with the firm’s investment objectives.
- Monitor economic, demographic, and real estate trends and developments in the New York and National markets.
- Research and analyze each New York submarket to ascertain underwriting assumptions and new investment strategies.
- Participate in additional special projects at the discretion of management
- Gather and document project requirements and ensure completion of the necessary feasibility studies, designs and entitlement processes including resource plans, schedules and work plans.
- Coordinate the transition from the acquisition phase to the pre-development phase
- Lead negotiations on various transaction related documents such as Purchase and Sale Agreements and loan documents
- Bachelor’s Degree Real Estate, Finance, Architecture or Construction Management or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-10 years of active real estate acquisitions experience, specifically within New York City
- Extensive knowledge of NYC Zoning
- Extensive track record of sourcing and executing multi-family residential and commercial office property investment opportunities
- Understanding of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation and project management
- Experience with office, multifamily and mixed-use projects, including development experience with these sectors.
- Strong network within the New York business and commercial real estate communities.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Able to deal effectively with multiple priorities.
- Extreme creativity and investigative skills mandatory.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially within a global organization
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong financial analysis experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project and Argus.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced/entrepreneurial environment.