FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Managing Director of Acquisitions
Direct Reports: None
Location: San Francisco, CA (Presidio)
The Acquisitions Analyst is a key individual on the Acquisitions team. The Acquisitions Analyst will support the Transactions team and report to the Managing Director of Acquisitions.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Underwriting multifamily investment opportunities to evaluate the financial feasibility of transactions.
- Preparing business plans for assets under contract and/or newly acquired assets.
- Performing market research (i.e., demographic and economic trends) in HZ's current markets, as well as markets under consideration.
- Obtaining rent comps and preparing rent roll analyses.
- Maintaining the Acquisitions pipeline to monitor key deadlines.
- Supporting the Asset Management team with ad hoc projects.
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to model transactions. Strong quantitative and technical/computer skills (proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required).
- Knowledge of real estate principles, finance, and accounting is required.
- Ability to analyze historical operating statements to identify areas for cost savings/revenue upside.
- Proactive and highly organized. Ability to handle multiple projects and perform well in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Capability to meet deadlines on multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Desire to learn and be inquisitive
- Be able to handle a breadth of responsibilities, while maintaining accuracy and a detail-oriented focus
- Highly organized, proactive, and resourceful.
- Strong team player with the ability to independently manage a full workload and respond to shifting priorities.
- Strong writing, editing, verbal communication, and correspondence skills; ability to write clearly, concisely, and achieve the right tone with clients, prospective clients, and business partners.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Be a self-starter and capable of managing your own time effectively.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from a top tier university preferred, preferably with an emphasis in real estate, finance, or accounting.
- Recent college graduate or 1-2 years of commercial real estate experience desired.
For more information or to apply now, you must click the Apply link below.