The Assistant Project Manager, with oversight of several projects, is responsible providing technical support guidance to the Project Managers during all stages of project development from approval of acquisition through construction and turn over to Asset Management. This includes assistance with coordination of all discretionary governmental approvals with consultants and design teams as well as assisting the management of design development, schematic design, construction drawings, and permitting. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Help in maintaining the development and construction schedules for each assigned regional development.
- Assist in managing and maintaining the development budget, including contingency account, for each assigned regional development. Coordinate with Project Manager as needed.
- Record bi-weekly project meeting minutes.
- Assist in review of project related documents such as RFIs, COs, submittals, test results, etc. as directed.
- Participate in VE meetings and review options.
- Assist in review of plans prior to submission to the governing agency.
- Help to obtain utility and service agreements and coordinate with project design team.
- Help to track and communicate all changes from DD’s through CD’s.
Debt Origination and Commitment Packages
- Assist in lender tours as needed.
- Review lender documents to maintain compliance of lender requirements.
- Assist Project Manager in the preparation, as required, of the Close of Escrow and Start of Construction Memorandums and all required documents for IC.
- As directed by the Project Manager, perform administrative duties and communicate relevant compliance information to the rest of the Development Team. Track issues to completion.
- At least 5 years of project management experience, in the same or similar field, or BS graduate in Business, Engineering or Construction Management.
- Understands basic fundamentals of business, multi-family development, construction and real estate.
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication.
- Proficiency in Windows-based software including MS Word; MS Excel.
- Understands scheduling concepts and maintaining schedules.
- Understands budget concepts and manage budgets accordingly.
- Proficiency in working in a fast-paced, visionary environment.
- Effective problem-solver.
- A real team player. Good interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented.