Aspen Analytics is seeking an additional administrative professional to serve as Office Manager for the long term in its growing Bryant Park-based commercial real estate finance and consulting office. There are nearly zero inbound calls, so this is not a receptionist role where most of the day is passing on the phone and online. The ideal candidate is familiar with and is excited to take on and own all aspects of operations with very little oversight.
The Office Manager is a key member of the team who will interact with clients, manage the environment and personalities in the office, learn many new skills, join the team on research and consulting projects, and work actively on the business of the company. The role supports all five of Aspen’s lines of business including acquisitions, underwriting, due diligence, reporting, and management consulting. Aspen is lean, fast, candid, training-focused, high-tech focused, and smart in the way we speak and act. Our clients include private equity shops, hedge funds, family offices, lenders, ratings agencies and intermediaries which buy, own, manage, or sell commercial real estate assets located in the US.
- Typing Speed 60 WPM
- Perfectionist-level skills in organizing, attending to details, and communicating in writing
- At least interested in the commercial real estate industry including office, multifamily, hotel and retail properties
- Desire to stay with the team and in the role long term
- Experience in any of these: HR paperwork, office design, file administration, marketing, new branch office setup, IT/computer setup, office maintenance, accounting and bookkeeping. If you do have experience in these, then describing so in a cover letter will greatly increase your prospects! You will not be expected to know and do all of these functions yourself, but you will be expected to manage and own all of them by finding and hiring the right experts to help you.
- Comprehensive background check and periodic unannounced drug testing
In a typical week you might:
- Review the work of data entry and transcription teammates for accuracy, and give feedback on any mistakes
- Interview marketing professionals to find the best candidate who will work on a contract as-needed basis to handle a variety of projects from digital design, website upgrades, standardized style, flyer layout, etc. across the company’s products
- Organize a meeting with a client and send calendar invites and materials to all parties
- Track and calendar industry events and arrange attendance, pre-event emails, and post-event emails in CRM
- Order, receive, unpack, and set up a new desk, computer, screens and accessories (or manage someone who has these skills, if you do not)
- Frequently straighten up the office, kitchen, conference room, plants, supplies, etc.
- Review the HR paperwork of a new hire for completeness and scan it into the filing system
- Act as a file clerk by properly naming and sorting hundreds of digital documents (Excel, PDF, Word) within the team’s shared drive
Statements That Describe the Right Candidate:
- You like people and are a clear, friendly, concise communicator who can make the best of each interaction
- You like to build or fix or solve problems. You don’t want to sit back and operate a machine, you want to build the machine, learn, have fun, take ownership, and make it faster, stronger, and more efficient
- You cringe at the sight of poorly formatted Word, PowerPoint or Excel, and you seek alignment and consistency
- You type notes during a meeting and distribute with little or no additional time spent reviewing and editing
- You’re looking for a small, flat, fun, clean, fast-paced, startup environment with strong growth that can be your home for the next few years
- You can find a way to do anything via Google search, like to learn, and have watched training videos or attended classes for things that interest you personally or professionally
- You are creative and curious and try new solutions until one works for you
- You’re always early or on time for meetings, and you set everything in its place before others arrive
- You are a perfectionist with attention to details, correct grammar, and a habit of checking your work
- $65k base for on average 9am-6pm M-F. Flexible for the right person, so we could offer 7-4, 8-5, etc.
- Hours-driven bonus so if you choose to work past 6pm or on weekends, then you’re getting paid extra, and can easily take the $65k up over $85k
- Training Focused – 5% of your time each week must be spent on structured training in Excel, data visualization, reporting, industry regulation changes, marketing, or other areas applicable to the role
- High Tech Focused – Sit/Stand desks, Herman Miller chairs, fastest laptops currently available, dual 4k screens, clean environment, modern white on white decor, and happy to invest in anything which can help us execute
- Closing dinners, client entertainment events, company outings and summertime weekend retreats
- 2 weeks paid vacation/sick days (yes you can and should take them!) plus major holidays
- Dinner in the office and car service home at night if you’re working late
- Excellent location in the center of transit at Bryant Park!
- Optional employee-paid 401k plus workers comp
- Optional employee-paid Healthcare with HSA account
- Optional employee-paid transit benefits allow you some tax savings
Aspen Analytics is a consulting service company providing support on an hourly, project, or fixed-term basis to those who buy, own, manage or sell commercial real estate located in the US. Our clients include private equity firms, family offices, lenders, ratings agencies, and intermediaries.
We provide five services to clients: transaction sourcing to help find properties to buy, underwriting and models to evaluate those properties and make an offer, due diligence to review the books and records for sign off ahead of a purchase, custom reporting to show property performance with opportunities to improve, and management consulting to build, reorganize or streamline operations or lines of business.
Additional examples of services include: Excel workbook audits, quarterly model updates, loan and property underwriting, site inspections, development cash flows, rent comps research, portfolio reporting, data visualization, partnership waterfalls and offering books.
Located at 110 Wall Street, and in the process of moving to Bryant Park.