Cardone Real Estate Acquisitions dba Cardone Capital is seeking an experienced accounting professional to join the team in Aventura, Fl. Acting as the investment arm for Grant Cardone Enterprises, Cardone Real Estate Acquisitions specializes in the acquisition and disposition of multi family apartment complexes across the United States. With over 4,500 units in our portfolio, we are well on our way to reaching our 10,000 unit target. If you excel in a fast-paced environment, possess a strong work ethic and are passionate about achieving excellence, you may be a good fit for our team. The Team Member will provide support in completing internal management reporting and external reporting for banks, partners and other parties. In addition, the Team Member may participate in Accounting Research and Policy activities and/or financial reporting activities.
The primary responsibility of this role is to handle the accounting for a large Multifamily Real Estate Fund Portfolio of over 4,000 units.
The successful candidate must have experience with Real Estate Investment Funds Accounting, Private Placement Memorandum and Subscription Agreement transactions, accounting and distributions.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of SEC regulations and requirements is a must.
- Experience using The Mortgage Office software is highly preferred
- BS/BA in Accounting
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel & Quick books
- Highly organized with the ability to efficiently and accurately manage multiple projects
- Ability to complete tasks on time with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven abilities in researching and resolving problems
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative, dynamic environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate clear and concise ideas both verbally and in writing
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities, while maintaining accuracy.
- A minimum of three (3) years of multifamily real estate trust accounting experience.
- Experience in preparing financial statements and other reports for senior management
- Experience with general ledger systems and reporting packages.
- Proficiency with integrated accounting and spreadsheet software.
- Multi-bank reconciliations
- Interface with our clients and internal deal professionals to stay up to date on all Fund activity, including deal funding's, loan originators, investor activity and requests, and asset realizations
- Interface with external audit and tax prepares to complete annual Fund audits and tax returns.
- Internal Facing
- Perform daily accounting tasks in accordance with GAAP, as directed by the Director of Fund Administration and Fund Controller
- Analyze, process, and reconcile daily Fund bank activity to The Mortgage Office software
- Maintain supporting schedules and accounting records, including but not limited to Loan Roll-forwards, Accrued Interest Income schedules, and Investor account balances
- Assist with monthly and quarterly close procedures and processes
- Prepare financial statements in Quick-books
- Work with accounting team to build the Accounting Policies and Procedures Manual
- Work with accounting team to enhance and streamline processes and internal controls.
- Monitor All Incoming and Outgoing payments received and delinquencies
- Prepare consolidated ad-hoc reports for management.
Cardone Real Estate Acquisitions is a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employer.
Qualified candidates should apply by responding to this posting with their resume of relevant experience.