Internal Control Analyst reports to the Director of Property Operations within the Property Management Division of the MidPen Housing Corporation. The Internal Control Analyst is responsible for compliance performance management of newly acquired properties to be leased; new properties added to our existing portfolio and new NOFAs (Notice of Funding Availability) which impact or restructure the existing financing of a property. The responsibilities include managing the funding program layers while maximizing revenue; reviewing loan documents to assure that multiple funding layers can be interlinked; creating a funding matrix from the first agreement through software set up (Utilizing the property management’s software system Boston Post) and through lease-up until the property reaches permanent loan close. The incumbent will work closely with the Development Project Managers and our Operations General Manager of Operations during the start-up, lease-up and stabilization of a community.
- Review funding and government application scenarios to assure the proposed programs and funding programs can be layered with one another and communicate feasibility concerns to the Development Department and Property Management staff
- Review regulatory agreements for different affordable housing programs including LIHTC, HOME, HCD, HUD, City, County, or private loan documents and assure the funding can be layered with one another
- Document and generate funding layer/program requirements via property summaries and collaborate with Development Staff and other internal and external business partners in validating regulatory and business requirements for Property Management software settings utilizing Boston Post)
- Provide support to management with information needed to establish and achieve fair and sustainable compliance requirements throughout the lease-up period
- Provide quality support to the Property Management Division and other internal partners in researching and resolving regulatory program interpretations and conflicts
- Communicate changes on the funding layer program and assignments related to funding program configuration
- Collaborate with the Compliance Manager and/or Senior Compliance and Systems Analyst, to analyze Boston Post Property Manager software configuration needs with the funding layers to assure compliance according to regulations
- Contribute to the overall success of the Property Management department by assisting in compliance related milestones throughout the life of the project including coordinating internal and external audits, assuring the necessary reports are issued, and satisfying all other requirements to support permanent financing of a project through the issuance of tax credit syndication
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all internal and external entities
- Design, prepare or complete reports as requested
- Performs other assignments as requested
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Computer Science, Development or other related field or an equivalent of three (3) or more years of Compliance/Property Management work experience
- Industry knowledge of regulatory requirements related to affordable housing; LIHTC, HOME, CalHFA, RHCP, HUD, MHP and other governing authorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software, including Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating instructions, procedure manuals, regulatory agreements and other related documents
- Excellent reading, writing and verbal communications
- Ability to multi task and manage multiple projects
- Work well independently or in a team environment
- Excellent time management a must
- Must have valid California driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of current auto insurance policy
- Commitment to the Mission and Values of MidPen Services and MidPen Housing