The Contract Analyst is responsible for reviewing, drafting and managing contracts for new properties and for providing contract and administrative support to the Facilities construction team. The Contract Analyst will be working with stakeholders to ensure that the appropriate terms are in the agreements, reviewing and comparing scope(s) of work, understanding warranty provisions, verifying that the vendors are compliant under the My COI program, i.e. Vendors who carry the required insurance coverage.
- Oversee the contract administration for contracts under the Property Management Division, to include all Departments and Properties
- Negotiates contract terms and provisions and provides draft agreements for the Risk Managers final review, related to properties transition from lease-up to stabilization
- When necessary works with business users and vendors to extend an agreement
- Enforces standardized use of MidPen contract templates
- Works with stakeholders to ensure contractor compliance with provisions of an agreement
- Provides support and consults with Property Management staff about template agreement’s that staff should use before they engage with vendors
- Provides business intelligence in order to take advantage of economies of scale and better contract management for Property Management
- Works with Construction Facilities staff on drafting and executing agreements related to capital improvement projects and ensures those agreements meet MidPen insurance requirements
- Provides draft agreements relating to capital improvements to the Facilities Construction Manager/Director of Facilities and Risk Manager for review and final approval as required by policy
- Maintains and bill 6% oversight fee for the Construction Department.
- Generates and maintains Facilities Department billing and budget trackers including 6% CMF tracker, 6% invoices, capital tracker, bill-backs to properties and accounting.
- Responsible for the successful management and oversight of the MyCOI program to include coordination with other Departments and external partners. Prepares and provides reports/updates as required. MyCOI
- Develops storage, filing system, records, reports/analysis and retention schedules as requested
- Assist with the development and implementation of new or revised programs, procedures and methods of operation, as required.
Performs other assignments as requested.
- An associate degree or Bachelor degree in a business or legal related field of study preferred
- 2-3 years’ work experience in contract administration or procurement
- Advance or specialized training in contractual agreements or procurement.
- Detail orientated
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Must have excellent writing skills.
- Must have principles, practices and techniques of drafting and administrating contracts and enforcing contract provisions.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Project, SharePoint). Intermediate to Expert Excel skills highly preferred.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks independently, and ability to meet deadlines using demonstrated time management skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and great record-keeping principal and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate professionally and effectively via phone and in writing with site staff and internal partners, and external vendors.
- Ability to multi-task under pressure in order to meet competing deadlines, gather and analyze information, and solve problems skillfully and timely in a fast paced work environment.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy when entering, reporting, and following-up on tracking data.
- Must have techniques for providing a high level of customer service by effectively dealing with internal and external staff and customers.
- Must have a valid California Driver License, reliable transportation, and proof of current auto insurance policy.