Sabal Capital Partners (SCP) is a nationwide commercial real estate mortgage company and is an affiliate of Sabal Financial Group. Sabal Capital Partners focuses on providing permanent and bridge / mezzanine debt solutions for commercial real estate for agency, capital markets and balance sheet execution. Sabal Capital Partners serves as the origination platform for the Sabal Debt Platform with critical management, employees, systems and licenses needed for originating loans nationwide. Sabal Capital Partners utilizes a wholesale lending strategy to source loans through correspondent agreements with brokers and banks. Sabal is a fully integrate platform including a rated commercial servicing operation to manage all loans originated by the platform.
Sabal is seeking a production oriented underwriter to join its high volume, nationwide commercial real estate term lending team. As a key “decision-making” member of lending team, the underwriter will be part of Sabal’s unique high-volume, high-quality, client-centric lending approach and be well positioned to pursue a senior-level career path within Sabal. This individual must be a self-starter with a thirst for learning, be highly organized, be a creative-thinker/problem-solver, be able to consistently meet deadlines, enjoy working collaboratively, and have tremendous pride in work product.
• Maintain a current and comprehensive knowledge of Sabal’s various Lending Program Guidelines
• “Senior-level review” of 10+- potential loan opportunities per day utilizing Sabal’s proprietary high-speed comprehensive loan sizing methodology and conclude which opportunities are worthy of pursuit and the appropriate loan terms, taking into consideration loan program guidelines and the factors below.
o Transaction background/need,
o Sources & uses,
o High level borrower experience/financial strength review,
o High level property/location/market review,
o Underwritten net operating Income, value and loan size taking into account key lending ratios.
• Actively interact with Sabal personnel in a team-oriented environment with particular emphasis on interaction with Sabal loan origination staff and key customers.
• Maintain knowledge of the factors influencing commercial real estate in markets/niches where Sabal is actively lending.
• Minimum of 5 years of commercial real estate lending analysis/underwriting experience.
• Extensive experience in reviewing multifamily. Experience in CRE (office, industrial, self-storage, retail) is a plus.
• A bachelor’s degree is required. An MBA or Masters in Real Estate is a plus.
• Strong analytical skills with advanced proficiency in Excel. Skills in PowerPoint, Word, Publisher is a plus.
• Ability to communicate ideas (written and orally) both clearly and concisely.
• Ability to work independently and responsibly with little supervision or instruction, but also a team player.
• Attention to detail, prioritization skills, and responsiveness are essential.
At Sabal, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you will have the chance to have an impact on the future direction of the company by interacting directly with board members and Sabal’s senior management team. Our culture of innovation, drive, growth and entrepreneurship, means your ideas on how to improve our business will be a key component on our future growth as a successful business franchise. At Sabal, we embrace a team oriented, collegial, and “can do” approach that rewards employees based on the success of the overall business and individual contributions.