Primary job responsibilities for the Investor Services Manager include overseeing all aspects of investor communications in the retail funds. Investor communication includes fund updates, quarterly reports, annual statements, annual K1 dissemination, and addressing all investor questions or comments which may be received via phone, fax, or email.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Directs and oversees all aspects of an organization's customer service policies, objectives, and initiatives.
- Develops and establishes procedures and policies governing customer correspondence and the handling of customer complaints.
- Implements strategies to ensure effective communication with investors.
- Directs and oversees investors’ requests for information.
- Communicates with shareholders and/or the general financial community to develop and maintain positive relationships.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Manage team processes for data entry and changes to investor or broker accounts and maintaining the database.
- Transfer Agent for the funds.
- Responsible for the preparation of electronic K1’s to be filed with both the Franchise Tax Board and the IRS.
- Responsible for preparation of distributions sent to investors in public and private funds.
- Mail property reports, disposition updates, and other fund communications to investors and their associated broker of record.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or related field preferred with two-five years on the job experience on an investor services team
- High degree of independence, motivation, and accountability.
- Able to work with time sensitive material and meet multiple deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and written and verbal communication skills, and a high capacity to multi-task are prerequisites.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are a must.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Be skilled with the MS Office suite.
- Ability to work with a team.
- Experience with real estate fund investments, affordable housing experience, and/or low income housing tax credits is a plus.