Asset Management, Senior Associate – Los Angeles Office
Clarion Partners is one of the largest real estate investment managers in the Americas and has managed real estate investments on behalf of institutional investors for more than 35 years. Our investment philosophy focuses on fundamental research within a broad operating platform of 9 offices strategically located across the United States, Europe and Latin America. Clarion’s investment capabilities span the spectrum from core to opportunistic investments in both the equity and debt sectors.
The Asset Management Senior Associate will support a portfolio comprised of Multifamily assets primarily in California.
• Primary responsibilities will include assisting with asset management duties including; financial modeling (Argus and excel based analyses); client reporting; property valuation analysis; lease negotiations and analysis due diligence for new acquisitions and special projects.
• Assist with preparation and review of portfolio level and client reports.
• Monitor and analyze the financial performance of the properties and portfolios.
• Maintain property valuation files including detailed review of 3rd party appraisals and related property information.
• Organize the preparation and review of annual property operating budgets and business plans.
• Leadership role with regular operations, leasing and market discussions with property teams and industry professionals.
• Ensure assets are being operated in a manner consistent with third-party management agreements, joint-venture operating agreements, loan documents, etc.
• Work directly with the acquisitions and portfolio management teams on underwriting new investments.
• Assist with financing and disposition transactions
• Assist in the preparation of Preliminary and Final Investment Memoranda to the firm's Investment Committee.
• Prepare ad-hoc reports when needed.
• Assist with special projects as needed.
• Strong skills in financial analysis and modeling – experience with Argus strongly preferred.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel.
• 7+ years’ experience, preferably in a real estate, finance or accounting.
• Excellent organizational skills, interpersonal and writing skills and high level of attention to detail.
• Prior experience with analyzing and negotiating lease transactions.
• Candidate should be proactive and self-motivated. Strong work ethic, integrity and commitment to meet deadlines are essential candidate attributes. Candidate must also possess strong interpersonal communication and writing skills.
• Interest in and knowledge of office real estate.
• Ability to interface professionally with individuals throughout various departments in the firm (acquisitions, asset management, finance, portfolio management, marketing and research) as well as third party firms, partners and industry leaders.
• Candidate should be proactive and self-motivated. Strong work ethic, integrity and commitment to meet deadlines are essential candidate attributes.