Boos Development Group (BDG) seeks a Development Project Manager (DPM) in Clearwater, Florida. The candidate shall assist with and manage numerous commercial and retail based real estate development projects from ½ acre to 5 acres. An ideal candidate will be comfortable working independently as well as in a team environment, and will demonstrate strong character and ethical values that match our company’s foundation.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Pre-Real Estate Committee Activities: DPM shall coordinate with BDG’s real estate selection team to prepare initial site layouts and feasibility reports. The DPM shall compile applicable portions of the Real Estate Committee approval package including budget, timeline, feasibility reports, and site plans.
- Due Diligence: DPM shall manage all aspects of the due diligence process including, but not limited to: feasibility studies, geotechnical evaluations, environmental audits, title reviews, and surveys.
- Project Scheduling: DPM shall manage all dates and processes within a project to ensure the project progresses as anticipated. This shall include but is not limited to critical dates within leases and development agreements, purchase and sale agreements, tenant and internal processes, and permitting and construction.
- Entitlement and Permitting: The DPM shall work with BDG’s design consultants and with municipal and neighborhood leaders in guiding each project through its governmental approvals process.
- Project Design and Engineering: The DPM shall manage BDG’s design consultants in engineering a project within the parameters of a REC approved site plan, budget, tenant’s criteria, and the local codes.
- Project Bidding: The DPM shall manage the bidding process with the design team and approved general contractors. The process includes bid assembly, leading pre-bid meetings, qualifying submitted bids, and preparing final GC contracts.
- Project Construction: The DPM shall monitor and report weekly on each project’s construction activities. Monitoring shall focus on the general contractor’s adherence to the approved drawings, the project’s schedule, and the project’s budget.
- Communication: The DPM shall communicate throughout the project too all parties involved in the team to ensure that critical components are not missed. The team includes Boos’ clients, Boos’ Real Estate Managers, design professionals, Boos’ marketing department, and Boos’ accounting department.
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS degree from an accredited 4 year college or university with preference for emphasis in a field relevant to the position
- 2-7 years of experience in development, construction, architecture, or civil engineering
- Strong customer service skills
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents.
- Out of state overnight travel required
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of construction standards, work methods, materials and operating practices
- Knowledge of the due diligence, design management, entitlement and permitting processes as they relate to real estate development
- Computer proficiency and related software knowledge (Microsoft including MS Project)
Family owned and operated since 1997, Boos Development Group is a national company with regional offices in Florida, California, Texas, Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas and New York. Our consistent ability to deliver high quality, on-time and on-budget store openings has made Boos a valued partner for a prestigious and growing list of national brand retailers including CVS/pharmacy, Family Dollar Stores, Jiffy Lube, Circle K Convenience Stores, Krystal Restaurants, O'Reilly, Advance Auto, Tractor Supply and many others. For more information please visit our corporate website.
Please direct all resumes & inquiries to Matt Clement.