Carson Companies is one of Southern California and Houston, Texas' leading providers of buildings ideally suited for the logistics, distribution and supply chain management business. The Company is organized as a private Real Estate Investment Trust and has been in business for over 100 years. Headquartered in Newport Beach, California with offices in Carson, California, Houston, Texas and now Radnor, Pennsylvania, Carson Companies is a developer and long-term owner of industrial property with property management, asset management, leasing, construction management and development capabilities. The portfolio of properties owned exceeds 14 million s.f. and is located in major distribution hubs throughout Southern California, Houston, Texas and Pennsylvania.
Carson Companies is seeking a Property Manager. This position is responsible for property management operations in accordance with company policies, procedures and standards. The individual should possess significant knowledge and skills in property management with extensive emphasis on customer service.
Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinate all aspects of property management, including the development of effective tenant relations
- Oversight and coordination of all property maintenance issues with tenants and vendors
- Tenant move-ins including the preparation of commencement letters, coordinating tenant improvements and subsequent lease administration
- Tenant move-outs including preliminary and final inspections to indentify and coordinate tenant deferred maintenance responsibilities as well as landlord rehabilitation requirements
- Assist development to ensure all newly completed buildings are transferred to property management efficiently and effectively – including attendance during the preparation of the final building punch list and coordinating the turnover of files/plans and utility transfers.
- Annual evaluation of all service contract requirements and vendor performance
- Conduct property site inspections on a regular basis
- Processing of Accounts Payable
- Collections of Accounts Receivables
- Preparation of annual budgets
- Review of quarterly variance reports to ensure proper expense allocations
Qualifications include the following:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- 1 or more years property management experience, preferably in industrial/commercial management
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook, with experience in Yardi Property Management System a plus