ROBHANA | DIRECTOR OF CONSTRUCTION
The Director of construction will lead and direct the construction management of all Robhana construction projects, including project planning, scheduling, budgeting, inspection, materials testing, labor compliance and administrative support.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Oversee bidding, negotiations, buy-out, and agreements with General Contractors, vendors, and suppliers for tenant improvements, commercial building capital projects, ground up construction and rehab projects.
· Develop and manage various milestone budgets to meet individual tenants and portfolio cost objectives.
· Develop and manage schedules to meet individual project and portfolio objectives. Coordinate and track dates and milestones with internal and external parties to ensure timelines are met, and accurate information is reported and communicated promptly and effectively.
· Consolidate, communicate and manage issues and risks affecting projects, propose and act on plans to meet agreed to objectives.
· Source and pre-qualify new General Contractors and vendors to meet the company’s growth objectives in current and future markets.
· Interface with project inspectors, contractors, architects, engineers, city officials, county officials, and clients.
· Manage, review, approve, process and track invoicing of contractors, vendors, and suppliers on projects; coordinate and work with internal accounting/finance.
· Travel to construction sites to oversee and manage General Contractor and vendor performance to ensure projects are delivered to the level of quality expected, within the timeline defined and on the budget expected.
· Manage vendor and supplier partnerships to support the delivery of individual projects and planned growth.
· Oversee and manage the General Contractor, vendor and consultant close-out processes, including cost reconciliation with accounting/finance.
· Work with internal and external teams to develop standards and processes.
· Maintain high standards of workmanship in accordance with plans, specifications & pertinent industry certification programs.
· Provide value engineering recommendations and feedback, perform cost exercises.
· Weekly job reporting to internal team.
· Experience in Value engineering (VE) plans.
· Experience in coming in on budget and on time on construction projects.
· Required to take construction from inception to completion with minimal change orders.
Education and Experience
· Experience with ground up development and rehab construction required
· BA or BS in Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning, Construction Management or a closely related field required
Abilities and Skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to manage multiple tasks under deadlines
· Strong leadership qualities
· Strong negotiation skills
· Ability to compile and analyze data
· Careful attention to detail
· Excellent follow-up and organizational skills