Sabal Capital Partners (SCP) is a nationwide commercial real estate mortgage company and is an affiliate of Sabal Financial Group. Sabal Capital Partners focuses on providing permanent and bridge / mezzanine debt solutions for commercial real estate for agency, capital markets and balance sheet execution. Sabal Capital Partners serves as the origination platform for the Sabal Debt Platform with critical management, employees, systems and licenses needed for originating loans nationwide. Sabal Capital Partners utilizes a wholesale lending strategy to source loans through correspondent agreements with brokers and banks. Sabal is a fully integrate platform including a rated commercial servicing operation to manage all loans originated by the platform.
Sabal is seeking a commercial real estate review appraiser to join its high volume, nationwide Commercial Real Estate Term Lending team. The commercial real estate review appraiser is accountable for the various functions of real estate valuation services and is responsible in maintaining high levels of service and superior quality of valuation products. In addition, the individual is responsible for reviewing physical risk reports which evaluated the property and environmental risks. This individual must be a self-starter with a thirst for learning, be highly organized, be able to consistently meet deadlines, and have tremendous pride in work product.
• Performs independent internal reviews of nationwide appraisal report and physical risk report.
• Reviews appraisal reports to ensure compliance with industry standards, regulatory requirements and application of internal policy and procedures.
• Continually monitors engagement, clarifies valuation scope concerns and reviews request for potential delays.
• Prepare timely internal review reports with an emphasis on technical reviews opining to value conclusions.
• Works with engaged appraisers to discuss questions and resolve potential problems in order to achieve compliant and valid market value results.
• Requires significant interaction with Lenders, Loan Closers, Credit Officer and third-party appraisal vendors.
• Negotiate the fee structures with appraisal firms.
• Contributes to the on-going improvement of the review department through sharing ideas and improvements with the team.
• Minimum of 5 years of real estate appraiser experience. Commercial Loan experience preferred.
• A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics or related discipline required.
• Certified General Appraisal License required.
• Strong proficiency in Excel and Word.
• Ability to communicate ideas (written and orally) both clearly and concisely.
• Ability to work independently and responsibly with little supervision or instruction, but also a team player.
• Attention to detail, prioritization skills, and responsiveness are essential.
At Sabal, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you will have the chance to have an impact on the future direction of the company by interacting directly with board members and Sabal’s senior management team. Our culture of innovation, drive, growth and entrepreneurship, means your ideas on how to improve our business will be a key component on our future growth as a successful business franchise. At Sabal, we embrace a team oriented, collegial, and “can do” approach that rewards employees based on the success of the overall business and individual contributions.