Position Metro District Director
Company Confidential Client
Location Denver, CO
Reporting Relationship VP Finance
The company is a land developer and homebuilder in North America which entitles and develops land to create master planned communities, and builds and sells lots to third-party developers as well as their own home building division.
The company also participates in select, strategic real estate opportunities including infill projects, mixed use developments, and joint ventures. It controls over 100,000 lots and operates in the following markets: Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Austin, Denver, Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Francisco, San Diego, and the Washington D.C. area.
As directed by the VP of Finance, the Metro District Director is responsible for the daily operations of the Metro District related items within the Denver Division’s communities.
This includes compliance with the approved governing documents of the community as well as local and state laws and regulations.
These responsibilities include serving on the Metro District board, direct interaction with community residents and committees, oversight of the Metro District Accounting and Management staff, and coordination with outside contractors and vendors.
• Sales and Marketing
• General Manager
• Accounting, Legal
• Vendors, Trades
• External Accounting Firms (Metro District)
• Metro District Attorneys
• Bond Underwriters
• Resident satisfaction
• Develop policies, culture, and best practices
• Effectively lead the Metro District meetings by following the Roberts Rules of Order/Parliamentary Procedures.
• Establish, manage, and operate by both a project build-out budget and an annual operating budget (including reserve and enhancement activity) for operations management
• Maintenance of all District onsite accounting/land records in accordance with the governing documents
• Identify new opportunities for efficiency and seek to improve the overall operation of the District
• Establish and manage a preventative maintenance and record keeping program
• Establish and manage a risk management program
• Acquire and maintain appropriate insurance for the HOA according to the governing documents
Internal Reporting & Governance
• Monthly financial review to include
• Financial packet for Metro District BOD
• Financial packet for resident Finance Committee
• Financial summary report for distribution to the community at large
• Ensure annual audit is completed per the governing documents
• Establish and monitor financial investment policy
• Timely communication with the community as a whole
• Monthly reports to the Metro District BOD with a recap of each committee’s activities
• Maintain documentation of meeting minutes and resolutions in accordance with governing documents
• Organize and facilitate community meetings in accordance with the governing documents
• Increase communications with Members, Community Associations and Outside Customers
• Strengthen relationships with contracted vendors and management companies
• Create effective training manuals and develop cross training strategies for new Board Members
• Develop “Best Customer Service” program and practices
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent on the job experience
• Extensive knowledge of federal and state laws governing Metro District/HOA operations
• Strong leadership and communications skills
• Strong financial acumen
• Strong hospitality background
• Extensive experience with golf and restaurant management
• Able to work both indoors and outdoors
• Workdays not limited to 8 hours
• Able to respond to afterhours emergencies
• Able to work on weekends from time to time.