The Regional Property Manager will assist in the development and monitoring of company policies and procedures related to property management; shares responsibility for maintaining the physical asset and performance of assigned properties. Individual must possess a proven track record of successful regional property management experience and knowledge of property maintenance, property marketing, and construction. Must have the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing and possess a strong supervisory, personnel management and organizational skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Establishes and coordinates a communication system involving transaction and activities among Property Managers and the Corporate Office.
· Monitors, assists, and makes recommendations to improve marketing activities; reviews occupancy status; recommends rent schedules.
· Inspects properties to ensure the highest standards are maintained; evaluates maintenance, grounds, and housekeeping operations in areas of efficiency.
· Supervises and coordinates preparation of annual operating and capital budgets. Monitors and makes recommendations on budget performance.
· Reviews and approves expenditures within specified budgetary guidelines. Negotiates and/or evaluates contracts and makes recommendations.
· Prepares and conducts meetings as necessary.
· Travel is required.
Competencies- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and within budget.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Keeps emotions under control.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Demonstrates group presentation skills.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources. Works within the established budget and notify the Director of possible variations.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Education and/or Experience Education:
Bachelor’s degree or job experience may substitute for degree
Certifications Preferred: ARM, RAM, CAM, CPM, CAPS, NAHP, HCCP
Knowledge of property management experience in a five to seven year range as a Regional Property Manager is a must including three years on-site property manager experience.