Denham Wolf Real Estate Services is an essential resource for New York City’s nonprofit community, providing expertise in transactions, development, and project management. Through our integrated services, we empower nonprofits to take a thoughtful, mission-first approach to real estate. We believe that an organization’s mission and programs should drive real estate projects, and this principle guides everything that we do. Denham Wolf has partnered with hundreds of nonprofits since its founding in 1998, shaping millions of square feet across New York City.
The professionals at Denham Wolf live and work throughout New York City and are dedicated to the betterment of their local communities. We hold ourselves accountable for the impacts of our work, and we support our clients in exploring opportunities to improve environmental and social well-being through real estate. Denham Wolf invests in talent and cultivates industriousness, regarding both as necessary for sustaining a commanding level of expertise, and considers cultural compatibility a key factor in all new hires.
Denham Wolf is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic building industry professional for the role of Senior Project Manager, within the firm’s Project Management Services group. Through this group, Denham Wolf supports clients in the planning, funding and financing, design, permitting and approvals, bidding, construction, closeout, and preliminary occupancy aspects of capital projects.
The Senior Project Manager will work closely with other members of the Project Management Services group to serve a range of nonprofit clients, typically acting as a client’s primary point of contact. In addition, the Senior Project Manager is expected to regularly participate in the firm’s marketing efforts and contribute to improvements to the group’s internal operations and initiatives. Specific responsibilities of the Senior Project Manager include:
· Supporting the selection of project team members and other vendors required for design and construction projects, including defining scopes of work, RFP administration, and bid leveling.
· Monitoring the work of project team members and other vendors, including supporting their adherence to government requirements and other certifications/standards, and acting as liaison between project team members, vendors, the client, and Denham Wolf.
· Development of project budgets, and subsequently tracking and coordinating the financial performance of projects. Responsibilities include supporting the administration and reporting processes related to project funding as well as value engineering, among others.
· Development of project schedules, and subsequently tracking and coordinating those schedules.
· Oversight of furniture, fixture, and equipment procurement and installations.
· Oversight of project close-out process.
· Collaborating with Denham Wolf’s other service groups, Transaction Services and Development Services, to support their clients with preliminary space programming, site due diligence work, and other related tasks.
· Supporting the identification of potential clients, the preparation of business development materials, and new business pitches.
· Other responsibilities in support of Denham Wolf’s clients, firm-wide marketing efforts, and workplace quality.
The role of Senior Project Manager is full-time, New York-based, and reports to the Director of Project Management Services.
Ideal candidates for the position of Senior Project Manager will possess the following experience and characteristics:
· A relevant graduate degree is preferred (preferably in building sciences, architecture, engineering, or real estate); an undergraduate degree is required.
· A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the commercial real estate and/or AEC industries.
· Excellent technical skills related to the oversight of design and construction projects.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including persuasive writing and presentation skills.
· Demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple projects and effectively prioritize tasks under tight deadlines.
· An aptitude for creative problem solving and consensus-building.
· Professional experience with New York City nonprofits and/or government agencies, including financing strategies and public sector funding, is preferred.
Compensation is salary-based. Performance bonuses are available, subject to meeting and exceeding defined performance metrics. Denham Wolf offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an educational stipend that may be put toward real estate education.
Denham Wolf is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks to employ professionals that will contribute to the staff’s cultural diversity, diverse perspectives, and sense of curiosity.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.