LocalConstruct is a Los Angeles based, real estate investment, development and management platform with a $350mm portfolio of multi-family assets across the Western United States. We build and operate leading-edge apartment communities that inspire our residents through design, innovation, and sustainability. Backed by long-term investors, our focus is on expanding our multi-family portfolio through value-add acquisitions and ground-up development in markets demonstrating strong employment fundamentals, relative affordability, and high quality of life.
The Real Estate Investment Analyst will be involved in development, acquisitions, asset management, market research, financial modeling, and dispositions. The role will report to the Development Manager and include exposure to senior management as well as governmental agencies and the real estate brokerage community. A successful candidate will be a highly organized, detail oriented critical thinker who is self-driven to complete open-ended assignments. LocalConstruct is growing rapidly and offers substantial opportunities for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset.
Responsibilities will include:
• Work closely with the Asset Management team to monitor and manage existing investments, including interaction with lenders, accounting, property management, construction and leasing agents.
• Assist Development & Construction team on issues related to entitlements, project design, budgeting, construction management, leasing and marketing.
• Prepare due diligence reports for acquisitions and development projects within appropriate timeframe prior to closing.
• Prepare financial models and perform market research and analysis on rents, competition, demographics, and supply/demand drivers to guide specific acquisitions, dispositions or the overall business plan.
• Produce regular reporting and business plans to update ownership on partnership activities and issues related to financing, leasing, development, entitlements and zoning.
• Prepare and present consolidated operating budgets and variance analysis on property and portfolio levels to senior management.
• 2-5 years of work experience in commercial real estate, finance, or related discipline
• Strong analytical skills, including advanced knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Real Estate or related field preferred
• Demonstrated track record of academic success
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic, follow-through and accountability for results
• Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment and balance changing priorities with the ability to interface with personnel at all levels
• Strong ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions with the aptitude to interpret financial, technical and legal documents
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Salary and other compensation are dependent upon applicant experience and qualifications. This position is located in Los Angeles with approximately 20% travel required.