Gateway Industrial Properties (“Gateway”) is a portfolio company owned by funds affiliated with Blackstone. Formed in 2017 and headquartered in Chicago, IL, Gateway currently manages a national platform of high-quality, well-located industrial assets of over 40 million square feet throughout the U.S.
The Associate will be responsible for performing a myriad of duties associated with operating a large and growing portfolio of industrial properties. The duties may include preparing portfolio level valuations; performing due diligence tasks related to property acquisitions, dispositions and financings; providing various analyses for asset managers and leasing agents; assisting with the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly reforecasts; defining and tracking operational metrics for the portfolio; and the preparation of quarterly board presentations. Position requires ability to act as a project leader, provide guidance and work independently.
Essential Job Functions
The Associate-Asset Management will play a central role to the operational success of Gateway by gathering information from multiple sources and departments and processing and relaying pertinent information to multiple parties.
- Develop strong relationships with the asset management team, acquisition partners, leasing agents, property managers and internal support personnel to help create a streamlined, efficient asset management function for Gateway.
- Work with internal partners to develop and maintain a large portfolio of operational statistic files that will require making periodic updates for executed leases, changes in market lease assumptions, and adjustments to operating expenses, capital disbursements and other income.
- Support the due diligence efforts for acquisitions, dispositions, and refinancings; review diligence materials; and prepare closing statements/memos where necessary.
- Perform various lease analyses including comparative lease analysis, lease restructure analysis, sale/leaseback analysis, build-to-suit analysis.
- Review and coordinate the execution and delivery of asset management-related contracts (leases/amendments, management agreements, agency listing agreements, etc.).
- Participate in the annual budget and quarterly reforecast process.
- Assist with the preparation of presentations to the senior management team and as well as preparing quarterly board presentations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to work independently, handle multiple projects and meet deadlines are all requirements for this position.
- Strong leadership and supervisory potential coupled and a natural networker.
- Consensus builder with collaborative approach and able to learn on the fly.
- Perform special ad-hoc projects and analyses as assigned.
- 2-4 years work experience in the finance, commercial real estate, and/or accounting fields. Preferred experience may include asset management, real estate operations, acquisitions and due diligence.
- A strong work ethic, the strength to thrive in a dynamic and demanding work environment and an ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Intelligence with a keen focus on details.
- Ability to read an interpret lease agreements
- Exceptional analytical skills with a deep knowledge of and mastery of Excel, PowerPoint, and Argus.
- Strong accounting and finance knowledge.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills since interaction with personnel at all levels will be required.
- Knowledge of real estate fundamentals and property management and leasing issues as well as a strong analysis and research ability required.
- Prior experience with real estate budgeting/forecasting processes and systems.
- Experience working at a publicly traded real estate, institutional financial services, or public/private equity firm preferred.
- Bachelor degree in business, finance, or accounting
Gateway offers competitive salaries and a robust benefits program which includes 401(k), comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans and more.
Gateway is committed to a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other applicable federal or state-protected classification.