POSITION DESCRIPTION : With some supervision and periodic direction from REMS (Real Estate Management Services), oversees operation and maintenance of assigned office, retail, and industrial properties.
- Responds to, investigates, and provides for corrective action of all reported maintenance problems and tenant complaints. Responds on a 24/7 basis for emergency and routine maintenance requests and repair needs in a timely manner. Responds on a timely basis to pressing emails and telephone calls. Responds to after hours emergency calls, priority emails and text messages as appropriate.
- Interacts with tenants while performing routine inspections of assigned properties thus ascertaining the need for repairs/maintenance and acting upon these needs within the scope of his/her authority. Also, this function includes the issuing of periodic narrative reports.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of the financial position of assigned properties and the periodic reporting of this position to the owners. Also, corresponds with property owners to recommend and gain approval for non-budgeted improvements and/or capital contributions.
- Solicits and reviews proposals, and negotiates contracts with independent vendors/contractors for janitorial, heating and air conditioning, landscaping, and other services; and oversees the work of said vendors to ensure a satisfactory performance. Reviews and approves all invoices for said services.
- Responds to all incoming correspondence, phone calls, and e-mails relating to assigned properties.
- Prepares annual operating and capital budgets per schedule established by SVP, REMS, and develops long-range plans for improvements to assigned properties.
- May act as project administrator for limited renovation/addition projects.
- Responsible for the hiring, training and management of on-site personnel, including performance reviews and salary administration within corporate guidelines.
- Interfaces periodically as needed with leasing agents to provide information and assistance in marketing related matters.
MRI or Yardi
Construction/maintenance industry terms
Understanding of federal and state laws governing the construction/maintenance industry
Ability to interpret blueprints
Ability to comprehend legal documents
Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Ability to work under pressure deadlines
Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, tenants, property owners and vendors
Ability to negotiate vendor contracts
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Self motivated and self directed
High level of concentration and attention to detail