SALARY: £31,200 – £39,000 & outstanding benefits
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Unilever Enterprise and Technical Services (ETS) is a new global business unit that will manage the company’s shared business services, made up of HR Services, Finance Transactions, IT services, Information Management Services and Workplace and Travel Services. Our mission is to enable the 4G Growth Ambitions of Unilever by running processes and activities where efficiency, effectiveness, resilience and agility will be optimized by our available assets.
The creation of Workplace and Travel Services is a significant organisational change, as the strategy development and delivery of these services move from being primarily within each local site and geography to be a globally integrated service line within ETS. With Workplace & Travel services from 2015 takes responsibility jointly with the clusters to manage the financial commitment related to the RE portfolio globally. We manage and drive efficiencies into our 100M sf of real estate and €3.4B book value of owned assets. We play a central role in the delivery of the ETS mission which is to help grow the Unilever Business to €80B with speed.
The Cluster Real Estate Transaction Analyst will be responsible to support the RE Lead to manage our regional real estate portfolio enabling us to respond to changing business needs, minimising the costs and taking opportunities to maximize value, balanced against risk.
- Embrace and adopt Global real estate strategies through support the delivery of clusters’ real estate portfolio strategic plans and to execute such plans to ensure the real estate portfolio enhances our current business agenda, aligning with global and local policies and guidelines such as schedule of authorities, agile working, employee experiences and Facility and Building Services. The plans have to be comprehensive covering all aspects of workplace.
- Deliver transaction management service to business for smaller value transactions through leading and managing 3rd party RE or Service Providers or self-perform for all property types (office, warehouse, manufacturing, R&D, retail) within the geographies. Also support RE Lead in more complex transactions.
- To manage and report on the identified opportunities in the cluster to sell non-core assets and drive down cost within the RE Portfolio to increase efficiencies in alignment with business needs and market trends and forecast.
- To support the RE operating model by ensuring data, governance, clarity on roles are documented.
- Ensure our critical property data in our platform is accurate and up to date through working with outsourced RE and other providers (e.g. market values, terms of leases, number of people, square meters, costs to run, etc.). Manage KPI’s that enable benchmarking with other companies, across Unilever and within local markets to identify opportunities for value creation, taking opportunities for quick win returns where available.
- Work in partnership with broader Workplace Services team to deliver full suite of workplace services (PM, Space Planning, FM, etc).
- Work with outsourced 3rd party provider to provide and support Strategic Portfolio Planning services for applicable geographies, and work closely with Data & Analytics team to ensure strategies are locally sound but globally aligned.
- Support as a change agent with key stakeholders to drive value and values vis a vis real estate principles and policies.
To further expand the key focus, the responsibilities include supporting the RE Lead in:
- The overall positioning, governance of policies and process for plans creations and transactions in cluster, as well as the financial performance of the portfolio/cluster assigned
- Capture the business units’ space demands and real estate market trends, and thought leadership in strategy sessions with business units to monitor the delivery of the agreed solutions considering all relevant occupancy scenarios.
- Support in managing occupancy costs data by understanding business units’ demands, market trends and space planning requirements to implement the best occupancy strategies and commercial options for the business (including sale/lease backs, adjustments of rent to market, etc.).
- Support the creation of integrated strategic portfolio plans by geography/key business units (where applicable) to the assigned responsible clusters that look holistically at business unit plans to identify and leverage opportunities between like requirements and functions and manage them on a regular basis. This is done through working with different internal and external business partners, including 3rd party providers. These plans will include specific scenario planning of key country/city plan taking alignment with the Service Delivery Director and business stakeholders. Plans should result in strategy that ensures that the portfolio supports the growth agenda of Unilever, and is aligned to broader business goals.
- Track the delivery of agreed activities, driving the clusters to deliver approved plans and in strategies development related to transaction.
- Provide plans that optimize space for customers and employee attraction and retention.
- Provide timely and accurate market data updates and forecasts of occupancies, rental rates and operating expenses in business unit hubs and major cities.
- Prepare integrated portfolio strategies that look holistically at business unit plans to identify and leverage opportunities between like requirements and functions.
- Support in the analysis of the optimal balance of leased and owned facilities through financial analyses of alternative lease and ownership strategies, based on agreed assumptions and accounting criteria.
- Prepare and support comprehensive business cases that will be utilized to obtain consensus and approval from Business Units and Senior Management.
- Develop a good working knowledge of the systems and reporting tools used across RES & Workplace
- Reporting ETS requirements for Workplace reports – e.g. BER / Metrics reporting
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with the teams responsible for keeping Workplace data up to date
- Work to improve reporting capabilities where needed
The creation of Workplace Services is a major organizational change, as the strategy development and delivery of these services moves from being primarily within each local site and MCO to be an integrated service line within ETS. Due to the value of the spend within the operations, Workplace Services will be play a central role in the delivery of the ES mission.
- Energetic, action and people oriented.
- Strong Analytical and Organizational capabilities
- Experience in the engagement of stakeholders at different levels.
- Worked in a matrixed, complex organization will be an advantage.
- Financial acumen required to review strategic plans and scenarios.
- Fluent in English & know another Asian language is an advantage.
- Real Estate (RE) industry knowledge including the following; best practices, contracting methods, service level agreement methodology, strengths and weaknesses of third party delivery models, key global and regional service providers and strengths and weaknesses of those providers.
- Previous experience managing commercial real estate transactions
- Previous experience managing a regional lease administration program.
- Previous experience leading a strategic real estate portfolio planning program, and successful experience tying corporate real estate objectives to business objectives.
- Ability to manage suppliers, ensuring the services delivered by strategic partners meet the cost and service level expectations and requirements of the Unilever business. Experience in managing Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) across geographic countries.
- Experience of working regionally, bringing understanding and insight into the needs of other regions to the development of these service operations.
Unilever is a global Fast-Moving Consumer Goods company in the UK and Ireland. We are already on target to achieve our huge ambition to double the size of our business globally whilst reducing our environmental impact. We are growing our business and also doing what is right for our consumers, community and environment. We are developing brands for people’s lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow - making sustainable living commonplace.
Working at Unilever means that you get to take part in this exciting journey and work with amazing people who are really passionate about our large portfolio of famous brands. We want to improve billions of lives and you too can join us in making a sustainable difference.
Online Application Digital Interview Face to Face Interview Job Offer
Please note: As part of the job application, you will be asked to complete a brief online application form. Completion of the form is required in order to be considered. Please allow yourself enough time to complete the application form as when filled out partially or not at all it may adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the form at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
For further information about this position please call: 0800 0284390. Please do not contact this number if you are an agency/third party. This number is strictly for candidates only.