Slate Property Group (“Slate”) is seeking an associate to join its real estate lending and credit team, to focus on underwriting and managing the due diligence and closing process on real estate debt transactions. The candidate should be self-motivated, work effectively in teams, detail oriented, and be able to work on multiple transactions at once in a fast-paced environment.
The candidate will have an excellent opportunity to work on a variety of real estate transactions, including multiple property types in the NYC metro area.
- Pre-screening of real estate loan opportunities and high-level underwriting
- Prepare Investment Committee memos
- Manage third party due diligence reports
- Coordinate legal documents
- Act as primary point person with clients throughout the loan closing process
- Prepare internal investment memoranda
- Loan monitoring and servicing
- Provide general analytical support to the originations and credit team
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience in commercial loan underwriting
- Well-developed credit, analytical and financial modeling skills—experience in commercial, residential and/or multi-family real estate lending preferred
- Highly proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills