We are seeking a Sr. Real Estate Analyst-Asset Management to maximize the value and income of the equity real estate portfolio (primarily multi-family assets) by executing property-level strategies to enhance property-level performance. Provide analytical and underwriting support in order to determine the merits and risks of investment opportunities to meet investment objectives.
- Work closely with partners, property managers, consultants and servicers, to provide direction for and oversight of business plans, budgets, forecasts, leases, renewals, analysis and approvals.
- Optimize property performance and investment returns through the analysis of property efficiencies and identifying value-add opportunities for improved performance.
- Understand cash flow, distribution analysis, and develop investment projections.
- Review monthly financials and monitor investment performance.
- Strengthen policies, procedures, and practices, and identify opportunities to improve quality and content of internal reporting.
- Develop and distribute periodic asset management reports for Senior Management as well as modeling financial analysis for each asset from acquisition through disposition.
- Assess impact of prospective tenant leases and capital improvement projects on building valuation.
- When required, provide pre-acquisition input and assistance in due diligence process, including review of financial and operational assumptions.
- Develop strong relationships within the real estate industry to ascertain market and asset trends to ensure asset performs in top rankings among competitors.
- Assist in special and ad hoc projects as required i.e. portfolio real estate tax and insurance programs.
- Research, evaluate and confirm locational, market, comparable and property data.
- Organize and support analysis, draw objective conclusions, present verbal and written recommendations.
- Review and analyze legal documents and third party reports as part of the due diligence and closing process.
Factors for Succes:
- College degree (BA/BA) with emphasis in Finance, Real Estate, or Engineering (Master Degree – Real Estate or MBA – strongly preferred).
- Ability to evaluate and determine property budgets, asset performance and valuations under a variety of scenarios to develop asset management strategies and provide recommendations for changes or enhancements to improve objectives.
- Strong analytical skills (both quantitative and qualitative). Strong risk assessment skills. Ability to compile, monitor, examine, and audit various financial, performance, and/or data reports for accuracy, integrity, and conformance to performance benchmarks.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in order to present to and work with senior management, partners and external clients.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize workflow and deadlines, self-starter with the ability to work independently with a team player attitude, all while paying strict attention to detail.
- Working experience in evaluation and underwriting investment merits and risks associated with commercial real estate (primarily multi-family equity investment is desirable).
- Strong in software applications for real estate investment analysis and accounting review including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Argus, Yardi, and the ability to quickly learn new program applications.
- Experience with revenue management systems such as Yieldstar and LRO.
- Exceptional analytical, research and problem solving ability.
- Expertise in mathematics and the drafting and use of financial formulas in complex financial spreadsheets, as well as, the use of a financial calculator.
- Travel 1-2 times per