We are a mid-size multi-family property management services company based in Bloomington, IN with an immediate opening for a Controller to oversee our property accounting team with corporate accounting duties. You will report directly to the Principals of the firm while interacting with other managers and staff.
The ideal candidate will have a strong proven track record in the multi-family property management industry, a desire to join a growing firm, and experience with QuickBooks and Yardi software.
Support, train and develop accounting staff; review property financials and reporting; work with CPAs on audits; and, recommend and implement systems to improve our accounting processes. Primary job duties include:
- Implement training programs for accounting staff
- Develop consisted reporting throughout portfolio
- Defining accounting and bookkeeping policies and procedures
- Develop and implement automation through the account life cycle
- Develop and review budgets on a property and company level
- Oversee cash management on a property and company level
- Implement credit policies throughout the organization as well as at properties
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Prepare monthly financials and variance to budget reports for entity
- Assist CFO and third-party accountants with audits and tax returns
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing reports, and advising management on needed actions
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Experience with consolidating financial statements of related companies
- High level of proficiency with Excel, QuickBooks and Yardi
- Excellent communication skills – written, oral and interpersonal
- Attention to detail, confidentiality, and thoroughness
- Bachelor's degree required with a concentration in Real Estate, Finance, Business or Accounting
- Multi-family property management experience required
If you are interested in joining our fast paced, dynamic office and are looking to take a lead role on a diverse management team, then please reply with a current resume, three references, salary history and cover letter.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. All applications will be kept on file and considered for future openings.
Compensation: Depending on experience