HQ Capital is a leading independent alternative investment manager with currently US$11 billion in assets under management in private equity and real estate. HQ Capital’s core objective is to develop and deliver solutions in private equity and real estate that meet client specific investment requirements.
In both asset classes, HQ Capital seeks to leverage its global network, investment experience and the business relationships of our local teams on the ground. With professional teams based in Europe, North America and Asia, we seek to be our clients’ advisor of choice in the markets where we operate.
HQ Capital Real Estate LP has an immediate opening for an Associate to work in our satellite office in Seattle, Washington. The company is based in New York.
- Analyzing investment opportunities from a qualitative and quantitative perspective
- Working with clients and partners to source and underwrite opportunities, conduct property due diligence, structure and model joint ventures, and prepare investment summaries for client and investment committee review
- Assisting in negotiating terms and contracts, and supporting deal execution through legal documentation and closing
- Ongoing asset management responsibilities and investment oversight
- Coordinating with development partners to execute property-level business plan
- Ensuring that development partner accounting and financial reporting is timely and accurate
- Monitoring asset performance compared to budget, underwriting and overall market conditions
- Assisting reporting team with quarterly reports and investor communications
- Conducting regular market analysis for each investment to maintain insight into project progress and performance
- Developing relationships with developers, owners, and service providers to promote the HQ platform.
- Reviewing real estate documents (i.e. leases, operating statements, tax returns, environmental and engineering reports, appraisals)
- 2-4+ years of real estate investment experience
- MBA or Finance related degree preferred
- Outstanding organizational and computer skills
- Attention to details, proven ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Knowledge of Argus preferred