We have an opportunity for a Head of Loan Syndications/Capital Markets to join our team in either Dallas or South Florida. You have expertise in capital markets and the commercial real-estate finance market and will collaborate with banks and other financial institutions to market, negotiate and close loan sharing and syndications of Trez loan originations that are identified for leverage. Reporting to the Vice President Strategy and Corporate Finance and working with the President, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Credit Officer, Vice President Loan Administration, you will develop and manage a portfolio of syndicated loans, ensuring an appropriate level of risk and return, consistent with Trez’s strategic direction.
- Promote strong lender relationships and expand the size of existing relationships. Utilize your existing business network to source new lender relationships and proactively identify, develop, maintain and leverage an extensive distribution network of major commercial mortgage financing companies to assist Trez to syndicate the loans identified for loan sharing.
- Clearly communicate transaction and borrower-related merits, credit risks and mitigants and negotiate the financial, business and legal considerations associated with the target lenders for the syndicated transactions. Evaluate the merits of potential opportunities and determine appropriate transaction structures to mitigate risk and protect the return.
- Assess the general marketability, pricing and terms associated with the syndication of new and existing loans. Provide market information and deliver proposals and presentations to current and potential lenders. Work with the designated parties and originators in the Dallas and Palm Beach offices to structure, negotiate, coordinate the due diligence of and close the syndication of new loan originations approved by Credit Committee that are subject to loan sharing.
- Working with the Chief Financial Officer, ensure the management of Trez’s fiduciary responsibilities assumed in a syndication transaction and work with the VP Loan Administration to structure, negotiate, communicate, amend or modify transaction-related legal documents for new and existing syndicated transactions.
Provide periodic market updates and recent transaction information to the senior leadership team. Track various risk categories in the commercial lending space, providing trends and competitive information regarding pricing, amortization, and other loan terms to ensure loan terms are competitive in the market. Understand the competition and be able to position Trez as a loan partner of choice.
Qualifications and Experience:
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree and 10 - 15 years in capital markets, real estate lending and/or mortgage banking, with recent experience in commercial real estate loans considered an asset. You must be well-networked with a track record of success completing deals with regional banks and other lenders.
Additional required qualifications:
- Ability to think strategically, generating and applying unique business insights and opportunities.
- Executive presence and superior interpersonal, influencing and relationship building and management skills.
- Superior judgement, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work accurately and with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ethical and credible, with a high degree of personal and professional integrity.
- Ability to lead multiple, simultaneous projects through to successful completion.
- Computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint.
This is a fantastic opportunity with a leader in the real estate finance industry, positioned for continued rapid growth. We offer an attractive remuneration package and are committed to your ongoing professional growth and development. Travel in the US and to Canada will be required.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Louise Cook, Vice President, Human Resources, or call 604 235 5547 to discuss this exciting opportunity.