The primary function of the Real Estate Operations Analyst is to assist in all aspects of an assigned portfolio of healthcare real estate properties to include administrative, financial performance, acquisitions, recapitalizations and dispositions. The exact level of the position will be dependent upon the specific individual and his or her skill set. Ideally, this position will have ultimate responsibility for working with tenants and operators, property managers, leasing personnel, finance executives, and other parties to ensure the optimal performance of each asset. This position is ideal for an individual with strong financial analysis experience, an analytical mind, excellent presentation and communication skills, the proven ability to assist in the management of all components of a healthcare project or property, and a strong work ethic, that is seeking a career broadening opportunity having exposure to nearly all aspects of a growing, creative and entrepreneurial healthcare development and investment company operating within a stable and expanding real estate sector.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in preparation of annual operating budgets and business plans for assigned properties.
- Reviews monthly operating statements for assigned properties; understand detailed line-item performance and reforecasts; take responsibility for each asset and proactively raise and solve problems to meet or exceed performance targets.
- Prepare variance reports, cash distribution spreadsheets and quarterly reforecasts on assigned properties.
- Assist with property transitions from development into asset management.
- Read, analyze and interpret leases; including the ability to compare multiple lease scenarios based on several financial metrics including NPV, IRR and ROC.
- Assist in the acquisition due diligence process.
- Update rent roll, lease projections, CapEx and Expense entries in Argus.
- Track and control lease commissions, standards and stops.
- Run exporting reports and create models and customize reporting in Argus.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Healthcare real estate and medical office building experience desired, (both real estate and operational ownership and working with facility managers).
- Bachelor’s degree required; accounting, finance, economics, with real estate finance preferred.
- Two to three years of experience with the above listed duties and responsibilities.
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and strong organizational skills; understanding of NPV, IRR and complex profit sharing waterfalls.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or governmental regulations.
- Strong business writing skills, specific to business correspondence.
- Excellent presentation skill, effectively communicating information and responding to questions from groups of executives, managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Intermediate mathematical skills required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Strong analytical skills a plus.
- Advanced knowledge skills with Microsoft Office software to include Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience in Argus required. Timberline, Yardi or MRI a plus.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and multi-task.
- Superior interpersonal skills.