Bring your passion for New York real estate to Lendlease’s growing NYC Development team. The Acquisitions team is seeking an Associate Acquisitions Manager to assist in growing its development pipeline covering a broad array of product types including residential, office, retail and mixed-use. The role includes underwriting opportunities for potential land acquisitions, participating in due diligence, performing market research and assisting in sourcing of new opportunities. The ideal candidate should have strong financial skills, a collaborative nature, the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders across the business with a strong passion for real estate development.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and analyze detailed financial pro formas for land acquisition opportunities.
- Perform due diligence analysis on prospective real estate transactions. Prepare investment memorandum, marketing packages and RFP responses, among other things.
- Assist the Acquisitions Manager by providing updates of all potential acquisitions including the status of contract negotiations and any impediments to contract execution.
- Assist the Acquisitions Manager by undertaking due diligence required for land acquisition including gathering market comps, zoning information, market/submarket research and demographic and economic data for new development.
- Submit written findings and recommendations on prospective acquisitions.
- Help write letters of intent outlining principal business terms of the transaction
- Assist in the preparation of investment memos for regional and global investment committees.
- Assist in underwriting land purchases for acquisition.
- Under the direction of the Acquisitions Manager, will engage consultants and maintain a due diligence checklist and timeline consistent with contract deadlines.
- Prepare closing checklist and review with all in-house departmental members, especially legal and accounting.
- Coordinate project closing with all project consultants, lender, seller, title company, and internal constituents.
General Background and Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Real Estate or Urban Planning. MS in Real Estate or MBA preferred.
- 1-3 Years in a real estate related role, however graduates with strong internship experience will be considered.
- Excellent quantitative, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of handling multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency in Excel, strong financial modeling skills.
Lendlease is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor