LaSalle Investment Management (“LaSalle”) is a global real estate investment manager with approximately $58 billion of private and public real estate assets under management and nearly 700 people in 16 countries worldwide. Our diverse investor base includes public and private pension funds, insurance companies, governments, endowments and high net worth investors from across the globe.
LaSalle Investment Management is currently seeking an Associate to join its Acquisitions Group in the firm’s Chicago headquarters to assist in the evaluation of a wide variety of commercial real estate investments. The position will provide exposure to all property types and varied risk profiles (core, value-add and opportunistic) and geographic regions across the United States. The group offers a fast-paced work environment, with responsibilities varying by day and client.
The Associate will provide assistance on a wide range of functions from initial underwriting to closing transactions with a primary focus on Argus and Excel-based analysis of real estate acquisitions and reviewing due diligence materials on active investments. In addition, the Associate will be responsible for training and facilitating the development of the acquisition analysts.
This position is available due to the significant and continued growth in LaSalle’s commingled funds and separate account mandates, providing attractive long-term career opportunities.
- Work directly with senior acquisition officers to evaluate and underwrite potential core, value-add, and opportunistic real estate acquisitions on behalf of the firm’s comingled funds and separate account clients.
- Perform complex financial analyses, including the development of cash flow projections, operating pro formas, and valuation models utilizing Argus and Excel.
- Train and facilitate the development of the acquisitions analysts.
- Assist with managing the due diligence process, including the review and analysis of leases, operating information, legal documentation, and other investment-related information as well as touring assets and participating in tenant interviews.
- Review and analyze investment offering materials, and gather and evaluate economic and market data.
- Assist with the preparation of investment memoranda to be presented to the firm’s Investment Committee and clients.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree with a strong record of academic achievement.
- 3 – 6 years of work experience in commercial real estate acquisitions, asset management, and/or investment sales, of which at least 2 years must be in real estate acquisitions.
- Experience across multiple product types (office, multifamily, industrial, retail), preferred.
- GPA of 3.3+ to be considered.
- Advanced proficiency in Argus and Excel modeling
- Experience modeling joint ventures with distribution waterfalls is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong financial and analytical ability with solid organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and attention to detail.
- Highly-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and drive are essential candidate qualities.
- Candidate must also possess solid leadership capabilities, an enthusiastic attitude, and a confident personality.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
When applying, please reference Job# 70959BR.