The Senior Development Manager may be the primary point of contact for the sponsorship entity and sees a residential or mixed-use project through from conception to completion. Assigned responsibility for one or more projects, the Senior Development Manager provides the day-to-day oversight of all aspects of project management, and consults daily with Senior Development Director and/or Executive Managing Director and performs all functions in accordance with Holland Partner Group’s Core Values.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage team members in completion of required tasks.
- Participate in the identification / acquisition / negotiation process for site acquisition.
- During the due diligence and conceptual design phase, evaluate the physical condition of the property and its development potential, and identify areas of risk.
- Assist with market evaluation and analysis of demographics, market demand, and competition.
- Prepare project proforma and detailed budgets.
- Assist with the project positioning, branding, and product development including floor plans, specifications, and amenities.
- Support process to prepare RFPs for the consultants (architects, engineers, etc.)
- Help manage the A & E team as required.
- Insure required documents are complete, accurate and on time.
- Manage the entitlement process with applicable government agencies.
- Prepare project schedules, specifications, and provide information to ownership as required.
- Support preparation of bid documents and construction contracts.
- Coordinate with architect and contractor during document completion and VE process.
- Prepare reports, schedules, and budget updates.
- Strive to ensure the project is on time, on/under budget, and built to defined standard of quality.
- Manage the owner decision process.
- Perform retail marketing and leasing tasks as required.
- Review and support the leasing, marketing and investment sale/recapitalization plans.
- Collaborate with the marketing and sales team.
- Support the marketing and advertising campaign.
- Review and provide input for marketing materials, graphics, and events plans.
- Assist Holland Residential as needed to execute an effective lease-up and management plan.
- Coordinate preparation of purchase agreements, leases, closing documents, and warranties.
- Ensure compliance with legal recommendation and company policies.
- Represent Holland Partner Group in a professional manner at all times.
- Conform to company apparel standards and set a positive example for all Associates.
- Perform all other duties as directed and assist the overall team effort in any way possible.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, architecture, or related field required. Master’s Degree in planning, real estate development, business, or engineering preferred.
Experience: Minimum seven to ten years of experience in real estate development or related field. Thorough knowledge of the real estate development process including financial analysis, acquisition process, regional land use/entitlement requirements, product design, the construction process, the financing process, disposition/sales, LEED process, and project marketing. Experience in leading teams to execute development projects required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Entrepreneurial aptitude combined with a strong work ethic and the desire to learn.
- Remarkable proficiency in financial analysis.
- Ability to read and understand complex legal contracts and financial documents.
- Can think critically and creatively, and execute sound judgment.
- Excellent communication and team leadership skills.
- Willingness to travel 20% of the time.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees while inspiring respect and credibility.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a complex operating environment.
- Effective leadership, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the real estate development process including entitlement, product design, construction, financing, sales and marketing.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required.
Attendance: This full-time position requires the ability to work between the hours of 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday. Additional hours or overtime may be required.
This position also requires:
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift or move up to 20 pounds.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Fluency in English both verbally and non-verbally.