Position Director of Investor Relations
Company Confidential Client
Location New York, NY
Reporting Relationship Vice Chairman of Investor Relations
The company a global integrated platform that owns and manages more than 193 assets worldwide, 30,000 multifamily units, and 4.8 million square feet of commercial real estate with an aggregate gross asset value of approximately $7.1 billion (as of November 30, 2017). The company’s global integrated team of over 825 employees facilitates acquisitions, dispositions, asset management, construction, leasing and property management.
The company offers investors a choice of investing directly or via funds in real estate properties - including multifamily, office and retail - and in alternative investments. The objective of each of the real estate funds is to provide investors with a diversified portfolio that generates stable current income returns with the opportunity for long-term capital appreciation.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As the Director of Investor Relations, the individual will be responsible for working closely with the firm’s leadership to establish the function for this newly created role. The role will focus on three main categories: Marketing, Investor Communications and Event Planning. These areas will help drive capital raising efforts. This individual will create and implement strategies and initiatives which will elevate the company at all levels of Investor Relations with a high-touch transparent approach. In addition, s/he will work collaboratively across the organization utilizing the Marketing Group as a shared resource to ensure consistent branding across all channels.
• Develop and implement marketing strategies, including multimedia materials for investor-related events.
• Develop and manage the company website.
• Coordinate press management.
• Create and manage advertisement strategy.
• Draft and/or edit content for email blasts and mailings and send to targeted investor lists when approved (re. distributions, tax documents, investor events, sale announcements, quarterly reports, annual reports, holiday mailings, etc.).
• Management and development of reporting that supports investor relations activity (i.e., Q Reports, annual reports, institutional reports, and valuations, etc.).
• Maintain & update standard responses to investor FAQ’s on an ongoing basis and disseminate internally as appropriate
• Preparing of materials for new deals. Generate custom reports re. investor portfolios as requested by clients, equity team or legal dept.
• Provide investor and deal data to internal contacts on request.
• Coordinate investor communications with the administrative investor relations function.
• Lead the coordination of meetings with existing and prospective investors and annual fund events.
• Assist with content and design of presentations and printed materials for investor webinars, fund road shows, etc.
• Field investor calls and email inquiries, and respond or route to appropriate contact.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Communications or related field
• 8 to 10 years’ experience in private equity, finance, or the broader investment industry required
• Proven track record in managing projects and initiatives in a timely successful manner
• Lead through influence across various areas and levels of the organization
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills required
• Clear compelling communication internally and externally with excellent reporting capabilities
• Ability to travel (approximately 25% - 30%)