Torchlight is seeking a highly qualified individual to fill the role of Vice President. The individual will be a vital part of a team that sources, analyzes, underwrites, and structures subordinate CMBS investments and other commercial real estate debt opportunities. The position will be based in New York City.
- Review and analyze potential subordinate CMBS investments (including conduit, Freddie Mac, and SASB) and other commercial real estate debt by
- modeling out loan and investment level cash flows and
- working with underwriting team to develop loss projections.
- Structure investments with innovation to
- create potential solutions for credit issues by mitigating or isolating risks and
- increase potential returns.
- Present to Investment Committee
- Develop a clear and convincing thesis to move forward with a proposed investment
- Present ideas and analyses to investment committee to gain approval
- Five to seven years of relevant commercial real estate experience with at least the last three years working with CMBS. Relevant experience includes sourcing, analyzing, asset managing, or portfolio managing commercial real estate investments (including both debt and equity)
- CMBS trading is a plus, but not required
- Experience working with senior members of a company. In addition, experience working with lawyers, accountants, investment bankers, traders, money managers, and investors
- Undergraduate degree required with preferred degrees in engineering, mathematics, economics, and certain others
- Understanding of the latest and all relevant regulatory rules, including risk retention
- Great understanding of CMBS documentation
- Strong relationships with sell-side industry participants
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Highly proficient with Trepp, Excel, and Bloomberg