As a premier triple net lease, real estate investment trust (REIT), Spirit Realty Capital, Inc. (NYSE: SRC) specializes in single-tenant commercial real estate facilities. Our tenants include some of the nation’s best-known retailers. Since our initial public offering in September 2012, we have expanded our portfolio to over $8 billion, with more than 2,600 properties leased to over 400 tenants across 49 states and 30 industries.
With our recent relocation to Uptown Dallas, Texas, we are reinvigorating our team and adding bright, energetic individuals who want to be a part of our collaborative, people-centered culture.
The Asset Management Analyst is responsible for assisting in the analysis of the company’s asset management objectives and real estate portfolio.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supports investment or disposition decisions by leveraging credit analyses and Excel to produce presentation-quality analytics and models for individual properties as well as portfolios.
- Assists in the disposition of both leased and vacant real estate assets
- Assists in the leasing of vacant assets and amending existing leases
- Supports the Asset Manager in tenant relationship management
- Performs credit analysis on prospective tenants as well as monitors existing portfolio.
- Works within an asset management team to complete internal quarterly and annual reports.
- Researches real estate markets, businesses, and industries.
- Assists asset underwriting and transaction closings with property due diligence as required.
- Writes, organizes, and presents conclusive investment summaries and memorandums.
- Performs other duties as needed and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skilled at benchmarking, modeling and analyzing real estate, companies and industries.
- Exceptional quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- High math skills with ability to understand and utilize business financial metrics.
- Strong research, due diligence, and project management capabilities.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite, Internet applications, and common business software applications.
- Ability to communicate well and work effectively with individuals at all levels; ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to initiate, multi-task, organize, and willingness to learn and develop.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance or Real Estate or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A Certified Financial Analyst, credit training from an investment or commercial bank, or background in accounting or investment analysis is preferred but not required.
Physical/Work Environment: This job is situated in a corporate indoor office environment where the employee sits or stands as needed to perform job responsibilities. Ability to travel on limited for business by car, plane (air), or train may be required. Good vision, hearing, and keyboarding ability to operate office software applications and office hardware such as laptop, laptop docking station, monitor, telephone, copier, printer, scanner. May require walking, reaching, stooping, lifting light file materials, documents, or light office equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.