Sabal Capital Partners (SCP) is a nationwide commercial real estate mortgage company and is an affiliate of Sabal Financial Group. Sabal Capital Partners focuses on providing permanent and bridge / mezzanine debt solutions for commercial real estate for agency, capital markets and balance sheet execution. Sabal Capital Partners serves as the origination platform for the Sabal Debt Platform with critical management, employees, systems and licenses needed for originating loans nationwide. Sabal Capital Partners utilizes a wholesale lending strategy to source loans through correspondent agreements with brokers and banks. Sabal is a fully integrate platform including a rated commercial servicing operation to manage all loans originated by the platform.
Sabal is seeking an individual to underwrite commercial real estate term loans. The individual must be able to meet tight closing deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy. The position is located in the Northeast.
• Underwrite term loans on Multifamily properties nationwide.
• Work closely with senior underwriter, sizing and pricing loans.
• Prepare detailed analyses of historical property operations to make informed decisions about future performance.
• Conduct in-depth review of sponsor/guarantor financials, including balance sheets, income statements, tax returns and real estate schedules to determine ability to support guarantees.
• Prepare preliminary and final approval memo packages for presentation to Loan Committee
• Follow-up with clients to obtain all necessary information and to clarify any financial and/or property specific information.
• Actively interact with Sabal lending personnel to insure timely analysis and closing of proposed loans.
• Actively interact with multiple internal and external parties involved in the lending process, including originators, brokers, sponsors, third party report providers, counsel, credit officers, and closing personnel.
• Maintain a current and comprehensive knowledge of Sabal Investment Guidelines.
• Ability to manage multiple loans at one time throughout the loan underwriting process as well as responding to clients questions in a timely and professional fashion.
• Maintain a current and comprehensive knowledge of the factors influencing Multifamily in the markets where Sabal is actively lending /investing.
• Minimum 5-7 years of commercial real estate lending and/or equity investment experience with a bank, brokerage firm, insurance company, pension fund or private equity firm.
• Experience in one or more asset types: office, retail, industrial/warehouse, multifamily and self-storage. Multi asset experience is a plus.
• Experience reviewing and analyzing third party reports, including appraisals, and environmental, engineering and seismic studies.
• A bachelor's degree is required. An MBA or Masters in Real Estate is a plus.
• Strong analytical skills with advanced proficiency in Excel, Argus, Word and PowerPoint.
• Ability to communicate ideas (written and verbally) both clearly and concisely.
• Ability to work independently and responsibly with little supervision or instruction, but also a team player.
• Attention to detail, prioritization skills, responsiveness and ability to meet tight deadlines are essential.
At Sabal, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you will have the chance to have an impact on the future direction of the company by interacting directly with board members and Sabal’s senior management team. Our culture of innovation, drive, growth and entrepreneurship, means your ideas on how to improve our business will be a key component on our future growth as a successful business franchise. At Sabal, we embrace a team oriented, collegial, and “can do” approach that rewards employees based on the success of the overall business and individual contributions.