McStain Neighborhoods is a local, privately owned and award-winning homebuilder and developer that has a passion for creating sustainable neighborhoods and homes that enrich the lives of our customers. We are driven by our Why, excellence, and our commitment to make a difference in the world. We are seeking an aligned Entitlements Manager to work directly with our senior management and operations teams to complete all due diligence and entitlements for our neighborhoods. This is an exciting and challenging position that will be directly involved in the creation and construction of new neighborhoods from raw land to ready to build neighborhoods.
Job Duties and Reporting Responsibilities:
- Detailed review and analysis of entitlements of prospective acquisitions on a continuous basis, including assessment of due diligence information and documentation.
- Responsible for preparation of comprehensive and thorough feasibility analysis.
- Interface between McStain and the acquisition and development teams with respect to design, entitlement, and fulfillment of residential projects.
- Processing entitlements, plans, and permits through the various layers of governmental reviews and approvals.
- Organize and participate in various neighborhood, planning commission, city council and other public hearings.
- Contract management of acquisitions, dispositions, development agreements, consulting and other agreements.
- Assistance in oversight of the project based business planning and management, including development projections, proforma, and schedules.
- Support CFO and others in preparation of internal investment committee memos for approval of acquisitions.
- Assisting in the establishment and ongoing management of any special financing districts and/or homeowner’s associations.
- Coordinating with onsite construction management to achieve governmental acceptance of public improvements.
- Maintaining all previously approved land use and development entitlements.
- Maintain critical relationships within the private development community, state and local governmental and quasi-governmental authorities, and private consulting firms.
- Organize, manage and disseminate critical neighborhood development requirements and information to operations and on-site sales and construction teams.
Experience and Core Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in related fields of construction management, civil engineering, urban planning, architecture or similar discipline.
- A minimum of four+ years of forward planning experience ideally gained through increasingly responsible positions within the home building or related real estate industry(s) with a strong understanding of land acquisition, development, and construction processes.
- Experience working for a small to middle market company in a managerial role.
- Expert spreadsheet knowledge with highly advanced Microsoft Excel and Project skills.
- Progressively demonstrated ability to develop and maintain complex real estate development budgets and schedules.
- Ability to lead and manage internal and external teams, design professionals, consultants and various other professional organizations to achieve on-time and on-budget entitlement approvals.
- Proven experience dealing with local, state and federal officials.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in an efficient and accurate manner under tight deadlines.
- Ability to understand concepts relating to entitlement costs, site development costs, home construction costs and community project profitability.
Personal Attributes and Interpersonal Skills:
- Exceptional cultural alignment and fit within a small-business environment that highly values open collaboration and transparency with multiple team members.
- High energy level, results oriented, comfortable performing multiple projects and routine activities with a strong work ethic.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain focus on big picture while demonstrating keen attention to detail.
- Strong decisive problem solver.
- Exhibits confidence and superior written, oral and visual communication skills.
- Team player emphasizing participative working style, advocating teamwork, and demonstrating enthusiasm and commitment to company vision and mission.
- Highly motivated and driven, self-starter and self-learner, proactively bringing strong initiative.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to participate effectively in group meetings.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive in support of the company’s goals.
McStain Neighborhoods offers a competitive salary, progressive work environment and exceptional employee benefits package.
Qualified Candidates must apply for this position through our Culture Index portal.
You will take a brief 5-minute personality assessment and have the ability to upload your resume. Please make sure you select the Land Entitlements Manager Active Job prior to completing your submission. This position will close at the end of business on January 12, 2018 with a Hire date goal of February 1, 2018.