Tricycle Lane Texas LLC (TLT) seeks a Property Manager(PM) for our Texas Office located in Irving with properties in Parker, Denton, Collin, Somervell, Tarrant and Dallas Counties as well as Colorado with 10 properties in the greater Denver area. Reporting directly to the President, the PM is responsible to oversee the daily operations of the company’s portfolio of primarily industrial properties located in the Dallas/Fort Worth area as well as properties recently acquired in Colorado with properties in the greater Denver area.
The ideal candidate must be proactive, detail oriented, a problem solver and must take pride in high quality standards. He/She will possess 3 to 5 years’ experience in Property Management, Commercial Leasing, Construction, Tenant Regulations and Budgeting. Achieved a Civil Engineering degree or equivalent. A CPM designation would be an asset for this role. We offer competitive salary and benefits.
Working as an integral part of the TLT team, this individual must have a positive attitude and a collaborative approach when working with colleagues and clients. In addition, as our company continues to grow, this individual needs to have the flexibility and adaptability to thrive in changing roles, responsibilities and U.S. geographies
Key Responsibilities - Property Management
- Able to read and understand architectural and engineering drawings
- Plan, organize and direct administrative services (signage, building and grounds maintenance, safety, parking, etc.)
- Oversee the maintenance and repair of base building electrical, mechanical, security and other systems
- Enforce facility policies
- Administer contracts for the provision of supplies and services
- Oversee analysis of data and information
- Plan and manage budgets (including forecasting of operating costs for properties individually)
- Responsible for recording and distributing of individual property operating costs to properties including tenants
- Aid in getting permits for our clients to operate on the properties.
- Maintain an up to date and comprehensive property control report
- Maintain schedule of tenant requirements e.g. Insurance
- Present oneself as promotable, innovative, creative, and as a self-starter
- Work with Controller to manage finances on projects
- Ensure projects are completed successfully according to local building codes, on schedule, on time, and within budget
- Update, maintain and develop as required management procedures
- Perform any other job related duties as required by Management.
- Physical security of all locations for both our and our sister firm’s locations in rural areas as well as cities
- Plan, organize and direct services for the maintenance of security systems
- Provide first line response to emergencies and carry out the policies and procedures of the Company; manage emergency contacts to ensure current
- Observe and report security issues and safety concerns as prescribed in manuals
- Responsible for the day-to-day implementation of 24-hour security
- Prevention and reduction of losses and crimes against the employer’s business and sister organizations
- Report, without hesitation, any violation of the law or of the company’s or tenant regulations
- Co-operate with authorities who need to be involved in any incident
- Conduct oneself professionally at all times and perform job duties in a manner that reflects credit upon the company, the security profession, the tenant and the employee
- Provide appropriate assistance as needed to tenants, their employees in an expedient and professional manner
- Carry out planned and scheduled security activities at all locations described by our Canadian head office
- Liaise with security monitoring companies and review them for service level expectations
- Implementing /maintaining video surveillance, fencing and installing/maintaining alarm and key/fob entry systems working with our Canadian security team and the established standards and procedures
- Establish an incident reporting/tracking system
- Establish an incident reporting protocol and comply accordingly
- Identify key areas not presently covered by security
- Assist with coordinating security checks where required
- Experience using Microsoft Office package with Intermediate or advanced user with MS Project/MS Excel and Access
- To be able to provide management, technical direction, and administration for more than one property at a time
- Have a strong understating of local safety requirements (OSHA)
- Have a strong understanding of commercial/industrial construction quality requirements
- Have a strong understanding of typical BOMA/ANSI management procedures
- Strong multitasking and organization skills
- Ability to enforce company policies and procedures and ensure the facilities/property is operating in accordance with design, budget, and schedule
- Post-secondary Degree (preference to Professional Engineers)
- Safety certificates are an asset (First Aid/OSHA)
- Minimum 5 years of thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. interpreting and following local building codes and bylaws in Texas and Colorado
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills
- Sustained sense of urgency and an appetite for a fast-paced work environment is mandatory
- Experience with assembly of bid documents and tenders for the estimating process
- Must be able to travel to the state of Colorado periodically
- Must be able to legally travel to Canada for periodic meetings
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills.
- Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates.
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly, while abiding the need for confidentiality.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- On-call availability
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Valid Passport required.
- Background check required.
Please send your résumé that will be kept confidentially:
All interviews will be conducted outside of our corporate office in a confidential environment
Tricycle Lane Texas LLC