This is a permanent, full-time role facilitating the transactional components for acquisitions of commercial properties.
As a member of the Acquisitions Team, this position entails shepherding every facet of the logistics of a commercial real estate purchase, from the initial Letter of Intent on through to post-Closing procedures. It includes coordinating with all relevant parties and requires a thorough understanding of the documentation and steps involved with a transaction.
RESPONSIBLE FOR INTERFACING WITH…
- Title/Escrow – complete knowledge of all aspects of the title and escrow process is mandatory
- Accounting – create settlement statements, calculate prorations and provide ongoing reporting
- Legal – coordinate with internal and external counsel on deadlines and Closings
- Property Management – support onboarding of properties and liaison with external property managers
- 3rd Party Vendors – order, track, interpret and summarize reports; arrange site visits and pay invoices
- Insurance – Request initial quotes, bind final policies and oversee other insurance (ex: flood insurance)
- Sellers/Brokers – serve as point of contact for due diligence correspondence and site visits
- Lenders – deliver large volume of requested due diligence items for new loans and refinances
- Auditing – following Closings, manage delivery of due diligence and assist in property audits
- Minimum of 3 years of commercial real estate experience in a lead transaction coordinator role
- Paralegal, Accounting or related Title experience a plus
- College degree required
- Notary designation preferred (employer will pay for certification training if necessary)
- Ability to read and interpret reports and handle confidential information
- Detail-oriented, organized and proficient in multitasking on a large volume of deals
- Strong work ethic, self-directed and proven track record of working within team environment
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- 401(K) with employer match
- Supplemental life insurance
- Paid time off
- Free car washes!
SmartStop Asset Management, LLC is a diversified real estate company with a managed portfolio comprised of 7.7 million SF of self-storage facilities and student & senior housing communities located throughout the United States & Canada. Based in South Orange County, SmartStop is a Sponsor, Advisor and Manager of three public, non-traded REITS and a national sponsor of 1031 DST programs.