CoBiz Financial Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is a diversified financial services company headquartered in Denver, CO. We combine elements of personalized service usually found in local companies with sophisticated financial products and services traditionally offered by larger, national financial service firms that we market to our targeted customer base of small to mid-sized businesses. At June 30, 2017, we had total assets of $3.8 billion, and 538 full-time equivalent employees. The company is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the ticker “COBZ”.
CoBiz Financial takes an integrated approach to meeting our clients financial needs, with comprehensive solutions including commercial banking services through Colorado Business Bank and Arizona Business Bank; private banking, investment management and wealth planning through CoBiz Private Client Advisors; and employee benefits, and property and casualty insurance brokerage through CoBiz Insurance.
CoBiz Financial is committed to serving the complete financial needs of successful businesses, business owners, professionals and high-net-worth individuals. We create thoughtful, integrated, comprehensive solutions tailored to each customer's needs, thereby freeing them to succeed personally and professionally.
Colorado Business Bank is currently seeking a Loan Administrator at our Northeast Denver location. We offer a friendly, professional work environment, an excellent starting salary and an outstanding benefit package, including health, dental, vision, 401(k), tuition assistance and stock purchase plan.
The Loan Administrator acts as the administrative partner for Bankers and the Field Credit Managers for an assigned group of clients and prospects. The Loan Administrator is a client-facing role that has regular contact with clients and prospects in order to gather information necessary to facilitate client onboarding, complete due diligence and underwriting, order third party reports and loan documentation, and close loans. The Loan Administrator is also the transaction liaison with the Loan Operations Group and the Portfolio Administration Group.
Duties and Responsibilities
Documentation and Closing (50% of time)
The Loan Administrator plays a critical role in assisting Bankers and Field Credit Managers in the timely and accurate completion of loan transactions. Activities include:
- Attending client and prospect calls with Banker and FCM as requested.
- Obtaining information necessary for client onboarding, coordinating with bank operations staff to complete necessary activities to achieve same.
- Collecting financial and transaction information requested by Field Credit Manager for use in credit structuring and transaction underwriting.
- Coordinating with Banker to ensure full compliance with all lending regulatory requirements, e.g., flood, Reg B and FCRA.
- Ordering and reviewing all third party reports relevant to particular transaction including, but not limited to, pre-lien searches, appraisal/valuation reports, environmental assessments, title commitments, flood searches, etc. Resolving any issues to accommodate closing within approval conditions.
- Directing documentation for new/renewed loans by working with Bank general counsel to engage outside counsel for loan documentation preparation or ordering internally-prepared documents, in each case ensuring that all documentation conforms to the approval conditions and requirements.
- Reviewing all documentation and arranging for distribution to client and Banker.
- Working with partner institutions to complete all documentation and closing tasks for participated/syndicated transactions.
- Scheduling closings with client, ensuring full execution and collection of all documents and fees necessary to complete the transaction and perfect collateral are in place prior to funding.
Loan Administration (45% of time)
The Loan Administrator ensures that all ongoing administration of the loan portfolio is managed accurately and efficiently. The Loan Administrator has primary responsibility for the following:
- Confirming all boarding information submitted with loan approval (coding, loan type, purpose codes, call codes, exception codes, etc.) is accurate.
- Preparing all closed loan packages for transmittal to Loan Operations Department for booking and scanning, ensuring completeness and accuracy of submissions.
- Submitting required documentation of HMDA-reportable loans and application declinations or withdrawals to Compliance Department.
- Notifying the FCM and Banker of adverse findings from Portfolio Administration Group, including reporting or financial statement covenant defaults, or past due payments and engaging in discussions with FCM and Banker to devise strategy for addressing same with client.
- Working with FCM to submit loan grade changes as required.
- Processing loan maintenance requests as needed.
- Organizing and scanning all relevant client/transaction information not included with closing/booking package into electronic filing system for access and indexing by Portfolio Administration.
- Submitting approval requests for waivers and modifications to appropriate approvers, in consultation with Banker and FCM.
- Completing necessary documentation required for collateral releases/substitutions, when requested.
- Disseminating all required information/reporting to partner institutions for participated/syndicated transactions.
Customer Service (5% of time)
The Loan Administrator facilitates completion of various customer service requests by:
- Forwarding requests for loan advances to Portfolio Administration for processing.
- Transmitting requests for wires, transfers, etc., to appropriate bank operations staff for completion.
- Researching and following up on loan-related queries with customers.
- Preparing and issuing payoff statements upon request.
- Assisting with special projects as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Loan Administrators will be expected to demonstrate mastery of the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Intermediate knowledge of general banking principles and regulations.
- Advanced understanding of loan documentation and loan closing practices.
- Advanced knowledge regarding collateral perfection requirements and methods.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Highly effective internal and external communications skills using all available communication methods.
- Working familiarity with CoBiz Credit Policy to ensure accurate and efficient processing of all loan transactions and conformity to Credit Policy.
- Exceptional collaboration and teamwork approach.
- Ability to manage multiple efforts in a growth-oriented environment, remaining focused on achieving successful outcomes.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding client and Bank information.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and internal Bank systems.
Loan Administrators will be measured according to their achievements in the following areas:
- Accurate and timely completion of loan documentation packages, conforming to all approved terms and conditions.
- Submission of complete loan packages for booking on a timely basis with little or no rework required.
- Effective delegation of appropriate tasks/requests to Portfolio Administration and/or bank operations staff based on primary responsibility for completion.
- Minimum of five years lending/loan operations experience
- Associates degree in business-related field preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.