Forest City Realty Trust, Inc. is a NYSE-listed national real estate company engaged in commercial and residential real estate throughout the United States. Forest City Associates are committed to creating superior communities where people LIVE, WORK, SHOP and STAY!
We are searching for a talented Development Manager to be based out of our San Francisco office. At Forest City, we are thoughtful in social responsibility and pride ourselves in fostering an inclusive and dynamic workplace that provides opportunities for continuous growth!
The Development Manager is responsible for directing specific development activities within an office or region. Involved with specific responsibilities supporting key development activities, such as: site/asset acquisition, entitlements, underwriting, land planning, design, construction, financing, lease-up and all other aspects of development. Typically projects are smaller in scope augmented by a larger team.
- Financial, cost analysis and budgetary - running or managing assumptions for proformas at the request of development team; budget estimates; managing vendors.
- Market Review and Research on the specific markets that the development project impacts.
- Project management - for smaller projects, managing the day to day of the approval process, working with the architecture and construction team on product positioning, facilitating a community outreach process and preparing reports (IC, partner reports, etc.) For larger projects, many similar tasks but under the guidance and as a supporting role to the development team.
- Marketing and Communications - Presentation coordination and develop presentations that development team presents.
- Vendor and contract Management - under the guidance of the development team -given new systems, this is an increasing percentage of the role - processing invoices and more administrative functions with vendor and consultant management.
- This position requires an Undergraduate Degree in Finance, Engineering, Development Design/Planning, Law or related discipline.
- Additional degree that is preferred for this position include: Advanced (Master) Degree.
- 3-4 years of direct real estate development experience.
- Required skills for the position include: strong problem solving skills, creative thinker and solid organization and leadership, knowledge of the principles and practices or real estate, and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; prefer SAP skills.
- Other required skills include: the ability to interact with various officials, consultants and community groups, communicate, present, and to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- This position requires up to 25% travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Religion/Sex/Protected Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Marital Status/Pregnancy/Age/National Origin/Genetic Information
Drug free workplace