ACCOUNTING MANAGER – COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE
Immediate opening for an experienced ACCOUNTING MANAGER in the Dallas corporate office of a growing private commercial real estate investor/developer. This position will assist with the accounting and preparation of financial reporting for a portfolio of commercial investment properties. This position reports directly to the Controller and works closely with asset/property managers, lenders and other third party accountants. Dallas area applicants only.
- Oversee day-to-day accounting operations of commercial property buildings.
- Provide leadership and supervision to Property Accountants.
- Prepare bank reconciliations, record journal entries, and reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements for a portfolio of commercial real estate investments.
- Assist in preparing annual budgets for certain investment properties and reviewing budgets prepared by third parties.
- Compile financial work-papers for audits/reviews/tax return preparation.
- Process accounts receivable and review accounts payable for each respective property within portfolio.
- Assist property managers with application of cash receipts, tenant ledger analysis and any resulting charge adjustments.
- Performs annual CAM reconciliations and assembles necessary support for tenants and auditors.
- Preparation of depreciation and amortization schedules and monthly recording of expense.
- Assist in preparation of monthly partner distribution calculations.
- Perform other special projects, historical research, and financial analysis as assigned.
- 5-7+ years commercial real estate experience (emphasis on office & industrial).
- Accounting degree highly desired.
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Organized and articulate. Very detailed oriented.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with MRI Accounting software a plus