The Multifamily Production Senior - LIHTC reports to the Production Manager and is responsible for assisting the Manager in sourcing from syndicators and recommending to Underwriting prospective Targeted Affordable Housing (TAH) Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) investments underwritten by the TAH underwriting group. The screening process will include project location/type, high level Sponsor review, initial investment returns including input from I&A, exceptions to investment policy, preparation of deal hand off to Underwriting and drafting Investment Committee review package. The candidate will also be responsible for an initial review of underwriting issues, particularly those that are exceptions to our investment policy as well as third-party reports such as market study. In addition, the Production Senior's duties will include collecting, entering, and conforming data from various sources, resolving discrepancies and ensuring deal investment data integrity.
- Evaluate proposed LIHTC investments from syndicators for acceptable Sponsor experience and financial capacity, conformance with Fund returns and investment priorities, negotiate and work with underwriters as they obtain deal approvals
- Creating and/or finalizing pro formas, investment return analysis, review of third party reports, working with producers and LIHTC syndicator partners to structure deals and being a resource as underwriters present deals for approval and prepare investment commitment documents
- Working efficiently in Microsoft Excel and Word, proprietary data systems, investment models, and on-line data sources
- Applying job knowledge, company policies and principles and critical thinking to complete assigned tasks accurately, completely, independently and in a timely manner
- Communication daily both by telephone and an in writing with internal business partners as well as external customers. Communication involves obtaining or providing information on matters of importance to the function of the department and/or which may be of a sensitive nature to the company
- Effectively work across departments such as Underwriting, Surveillance, Investment & Advisory, and Legal as incoming LIHTC investments are vetted, underwritten, and pricing is confirmed
- Proactively identifying and provides resolutions to an assortment of issues that arise during LIHTC deal originations
- Typically has five to eight years of experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Real Estate or related discipline
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word and financial modeling
- Knowledge of basic Multifamily property fundamentals
- Knowledge of business and tax issues related to Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) investments
- Financial services background
- Affordable housing and LIHTC investment experience
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.