Strategic Property Partners (“SPP”) is a joint venture between Cascade Investment LLC, and Jeff Vinik. The firm was formed to create a visionary new commercial real estate development platform focused on world-class execution, innovation, and creating high quality and experiential places. SPP’s first project, Water Street Tampa, is being developed on over 50 acres of land the company owns or controls in downtown Tampa along the waterfront. The phased Water Street Tampa development project intends to revitalize the currently underutilized tract of land and create an urban, mixed-use waterfront district consisting of approximately 9 million square feet of new commercial, residential, hospitality, cultural, entertainment, education, and retail uses, totaling over $3 billion in private investment from SPP. Integrating principles of walkability, sustainability, connectivity, design quality, and wellness, SPP intends to create, own and operate a new world-class neighborhood in in Tampa, while also elevating the City’s national prominence. SPP is a long-term investor and has incredibly strong financial resources, making Water Street Tampa one of the most secure and well-capitalized real estate development projects in the country.
The Asset Manager will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer and the real estate development, construction, marketing and leasing teams. This position is responsible for maximizing the performance of a growing mixed-use portfolio including formulation and implementation of forward-thinking and long-term retail and mixed-use asset management strategy.
- Support all aspects of the administrative, financial, and operational needs of SPP’s real estate portfolio—including all asset classes in SPP’s current and future portfolio (mixed-use: retail, office, hotel, residential, event/cultural and parking).
- Conduct financial analyses, monitor operations, and implement actions to maximize long-term return on investment.
- Complete budgets, monitor expenses, and analyze and report variances.
- Provide regular reporting of operational and financial results.
- Assist in the development of an in-house platform and/or form partnerships with external property management teams to implement actions to maximize long-term return on investment.
- Oversee both internal and external third=party property managers and leasing agents.
- Address tenant issues with property management swiftly and in a professional manner.
- Assist in the due diligence and underwriting of potential acquisitions.
- Work closely with SPP’s marketing, communications and place-making teams to develop and sustain regular programming and activation of the buildings with the portfolio and the public realm.
- Cultivate strong relationships among retailers and within the real estate community.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree required in finance, economics, accounting, real estate, or related field.
- Industry Accreditations Preferred (CCIM, etc.)
- 5+ years of proven experience in asset management, preferably including experience in dense, mixed-use and retail-heavy environments.
- Advanced skills in Yardi or other similar property management software application.
- Proficiency in Argus required.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications with the ability to develop spreadsheets in Excel.
- Knowledge of financial concepts and ability to perform financial analysis including ROI, IRR and DCF modeling.
- Ability to create comprehensive reports and executive summaries.
- Customer-service oriented. Professional, positive, polished, diplomatic, and cooperative are required characteristics.
- Strong skills as a manager with the ability to oversee and motivate internal and external resources.
- Ability to create partnerships with internal Development, Finance, Accounting, and other Senior Management teams to execute portfolio and project-level business plans.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing and challenging situations.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Drive to complete projects with hard deadlines and little direction.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong and open working relationships.